It Was Just An Accident

He stared at the gun, then his eyes drifted to hers; he smirked at her. "You're not going to shoot me sweetheart." Her fingers tightened around the grip.

"Oh yeah? And why's that?" He motioned to the gun.

"Because your hand is shaking. You're just a scared little girl trying to play detective."

"So, you know why I'm here?"

"I have an inkling." She stepped forward.

"You killed my friend." The man snorted.

"I didn't kill anyone."

"That's what you want people to believe. You parade your title all around you, but the truth is...You're a liar and a fraud." She paused. "You hide behind the law, passing judgement on people, but then you go around and assault and murder women." She motioned at him with the gun. "Alice Green was a friend of mine." The man raised an eyebrow.

"Alice who?"

"Alice Green! She was my friend! She was an innocent woman and you murdered her! For no reason!" He scoffed.

"She was a common whore. I did Gotham City a favor by removing her." She stopped, staring at him wide-eyed.

"Do you...Do you think you're doing favors by killing people?" The man nodded, stepping towards her.

"Gotham City is riddled with filth, and no one is doing a damn thing about it. So, I decided I would."

"So...you admit to assaulting and murdering those women?" He stretched out his arms.

"I sure do. I did it all."

"You do know that, that is a confession. I can take you to GCPD." His smirk turned sadistic and he began moving more.

"What makes you think you're leaving this place alive?" Her eyes went wide, and she began backing up, the gun pointed at him; she croaked frantically.

"Don't come near me!"

"You aren't going to shoot me...you don't have what it takes to pull that trigger." He paused a few feet from her. "I'm going to enjoy this." He lunged at her, and his hand curled around the gun, and the next thing she knew, the gun went off; it fell from her hands. His body slammed into hers and they fell to the ground; she slammed her fists against his chest, trying to fight him when she realized he wasn't moving. She shoved his body off her, watching as he rolled over; she saw the growing bloodstain in the center of his chest, and her heart began to pound as her hands moved to stop the bleeding.

"Oh god." She whimpered. "I didn't...I didn't mean to do this...oh god..." She knew he wasn't going to stop bleeding, and she stumbled back from his body, her hand fumbling for the gun. She shoved it into her pocket and fled the motel room, leaving him to bleed out.

A Few Hours Later:

They crossed under the yellow tape that GCPD had rolled around the scene and walked into the motel room. Gordon was kneeling over a body when they stepped in, and he turned to face them. "We're in for a big one Batman." Batman looked over at Nightwing and Red Robin.

"Go check the security cameras and talk to the motel owners for information." They nodded and walked off, leaving Red Hood with Batman; he turned back to Gordon. "Who's the victim?" Gordon pulled the white sheet from his face and muttered,