Archangel's Betrayal PT. 7

She saw herself through their shocked eyes, and it reminded her of the time she'd put her foot down on the 'family business'.

A Few Years Ago:

She stared at them as they patched injuries, caught in the middle of a shootout between Two-Face and Joker's gangs. Jason nodded at Alfred as he pulled the stiches tight and turned to face her.

"Firecracker?" She glanced at him and he smiled. "What's wrong with you these days? You gotta reindeer up your but?" (Y/N) tried to fight the grin, but she couldn't, and placed her hands on her hips and tipped her head up.

"No Ouiser I don't." He grinned, but it dropped as her face turned angry. "I do however have a stick up my butt that I've pretty much worked out. And I'm about to beat you all half-to-death with it." Everyone turned to her and went silent; (Y/N) moved in front of the group. "I'm sick...of all...this." She gestured to them. "I'm sick of the suiting up...the patrolling." She moved in front of Bruce. "And I'm sick of you canceling plans that have been made for weeks on end." (Y/N) gripped the sashes that hung across her body and pulled them off before tossing them to him, naming them. "Valedictorian...Summa Cum Laude...National Honor Society...ACT Scholar..." When she was done tossing them, she leveled them with a disappointing look. "Thanks for attending Senior Recognition tonight. It made me so happy to see my family cheering for me when I walked across the stage." She made a cheerful look and spoke exaggeratedly. "Really reminded me of what's important in our family." (Y/N) didn't wait to hear their excuses, and turned on her heel, ascending the steps into the manor. For a few hours, she didn't leave her room, she just sat at her desk and stared out her window; a knock came at her door, and the doorknob turned.

"...Firecracker?" She didn't turn to face the opening door. She heard them shuffle inside and gather around her. It was silent for a moment and Dick started speaking.

"Daisy Duke. We-" She cut him off with a cold tone.

"One night." They went silent and watched her eyes narrow as she continued staring out the window. "One. Night." (Y/N) inhaled. "I asked for one night where you would put the costumes on the racks and let GCPD do their damn jobs while we pretended we were a normal family for once in our fucked-up lives." She faced them, and they flinched under her withering gaze. "But you guys couldn't even keep that." She looked at each of them, as they lowered their heads, ashamed. "So, thank you. Thank you for making me remember why we have so many problems." She stood up from her desk and moved to her bed, pulling on her leather jacket before grabbing her phone and wallet and shoving them in her pockets, and walking out her bedroom door; they followed her as she descended the steps.

"Firecracker where are you going?"

"Out." Dick spoke concerned.

"Where?"

"None of your business. That's where." (Y/N) almost reached the garage door when a hand gripped her upper arm and whirled her around. She came face to face with her father.

"Where are you going (Y/N)?" She scoffed and tugged her arm, but he didn't budge.

"Oh...now you care where I'm going?" His hand tightened.

"You're my daughter and I deserve to know where you're going." (Y/N) felt fury rush through her, and she thrashed wildly until he let go; she backed up a few steps and spit scathing words.

"Fuck. You." She heard her brothers gasp and it spurred her on, and she pointed at him. "I'm eighteen and I don't have to tell you a damn thing." She didn't listen to anything else, turning her back and gripping her car keys before leaving the manor.