Archangel's Betrayal Final Part

She stared at the map of Two-Face's territory, trying to etch it into her memory. A cup lowered beside her and she turned to look at who set it down. He reclined in his chair and stared at her.

"You've been staring at that map for hours. What are you doing?" She huffed and took a sip from her drink before grabbing a pen and circling exits and entrances.

"My dad used to tell us to never go in without knowing the ways out." He rose from his seat and stepped beside her, looking down. "Two-Face's office is here. There're two exits, in the north and south. I can get in through the vents and into his office, but that leaves me exposed to however many guards are in there with him."

"I assume a frontal attack is out of the question?" She snorted.

"Unless you want Two-Face to get away before I even stepped into the main room, and then got my body back riddled with bullets? Yes." Gunther chuckled and looked at the clock.

"(Y/N), its two A.M. you need to go to sleep." (Y/N) turned away and faced the map.

"I don't really want to go to bed right now." His eyebrows drew together in concern, and he laid a hand on her shoulder and spoke softly.

"They won't understand now. But...they will one day." She nodded.

"...I know...it's still hard though..." He nodded and released her shoulder.

"At least try to get some sleep later...okay?" She glanced at him over her shoulder and nodded.

"Don't worry about me Gunther...I'll be alright." He huffed a laugh and walked to the door.

"If I don't...who will?" The question was rhetorical, but it made her think as he left for his room. (Y/N) shook her head and went back to the map.

"Alright (Y/N) ...we need to find a way in and out safely." She paused and circled another exit. "God help me if I fail them."

A Few Hours Later:

She stared at the two groups in front of her; Gunther spoke quietly.

"Two groups, fifty in total, twenty-five on each. Commander Tucker holds the first, Foster controls the second." He paused and looked at her. "This is your show now." She said nothing and moved forward.

"Men...We stand on the precipice of change...tonight determines whether we rise victorious...or we fail." She paused and looked down, then back up at them. "I wont lie to you. I don't know if we're going to succeed...there's a good chance that we'll be dead by sunrise." A murmur went through the crowd and she spoke again. "Commander Tucker and Foster control your groups. You answer to them. You all will hold the line against Penguin and Two-Face." (Y/N) stepped down until she was at eye-level with them. "I'm taking on Two-Face by myself tonight." The militia went into an uproar and she held up a hand, silencing them. "I've let this go on far too long. And it must end. Tonight. So, I'm asking you...no...I'm begging you...protect this city from those who wish to tear it down." She stepped back up the steps. "When this night ends, and dawn breaks, this militia will be disbanded...I want each of you to go on with your lives...find something worth fighting for...something greater than this." She opened her mouth to speak when Tucker cut her off.

"With all due respect Archangel...this band is something worth fighting for." The militia cheered at that, and he continued. "We may not be Batman and his group, who have the favor of the city officials and GCPD. But we have the favor of those who never got justice until we gave it to them." He turned to the group. "Will you fight for this city." A chorus of cries came. "Will you fight for the innocent people who deserve justice?" Another cry. "Will you fight against those evil bastards who threaten the people of this city?" Another cheer, and he pointed at (Y/N). "Will you fight for Archangel? Will you uphold the oaths you took when you joined this militia, whether it be now or later?" The loudest of the cries came and (Y/N) stood amazed; Tucker turned to her. "Archangel...we stand with you...now and forever..." She snorted and nodded.