Archangel's Betrayal Epilogue

Set One Year After Final Part:

"Je peux en commander un pour toi cheri!" (Y/N) turned back to the shopkeeper and nodded her head, smiling brightly.

"Merci Monsieur!" He nodded at her and she stepped inside the flat, climbing the stairs and up to their apartment. She stepped through the door and began taking off her overcoat and gear. He called out through the apartment.

"That you (Y/N)?" She snorted.

"No Ebenezer, it's the ghost of Christmas past come to haunt you." (Y/N) heard him bark a laugh from wherever he was in their flat.

"Well Cratchit, did you bring something for dinner?" She walked into the kitchen and held up a bag.

"Picked up some sandwich ingredients from the store." She began unloading the groceries when she noticed him. "What? Why are you pouting?" He grunted and began laying out the bread.

"I was figuring you'd get us something from McDonald's." (Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"Only you would live in Paris with all different kinds of foods, and still want Micky D's." She paused and pinched his side. "Besides, you don't need to eat any more junk food." He swatted her hand and she giggled.

"(Y/N) are you calling me fat?" (Y/N) snorted and pulled out the ham from the refrigerator.

"I never said you were fat."

"You were implying it." She shrugged.

"Depends on your mindset Gunther." He took the ham from her and glared at her.

"Well my mindset is telling me that my girlfriend called me fat." (Y/N) rolled her eyes and watched as he stood in front of the counter, fixing his sandwich; she stepped up behind him and wrapped her arms around his middle, burying her face in his back.

"Well your mindset is goofed." He snorted and raised a piece of cheese behind his head.

"Here." (Y/N) looked up and took it from him, shoving it in her mouth before ducking under his arm and standing in front of him. He looked down at her, unimpressed. "I was in the middle of making my dinner (Y/N)." She grinned.

"And now you're not. Funny how that works." He huffed a laugh and put down the butter knife before placing his hands on her waist.

"Funny indeed." (Y/N) reached up and wound her arms around his neck, feeling his hands curl around her waist and pull her close, his head resting on her shoulder. She ran her thumb down the base of his neck.

"Rough day?" She felt him nod.

"Andre had four different projects to do, and he hadn't started on any of them." She winced.

"Sorry Gunther." He shook his head and sighed, pulling away and stretching.

"Not your fault (Y/N)." She looked down before moving to the table and sitting down.

"...Yes, it is..." She put her head in her hands. "Had I not made that deal, we'd still be in Gotham." She motioned to him. "And you'd still be employed in a steady job...instead, were here..." (Y/N) heard him move, and he sat down in the chair beside her, facing her and taking her hand.

"And if we were in Gotham, we'd be visiting our men in jail cells because your family arrested them." He paused and she glanced at him. "It's not perfect (Y/N) ...but no plan is." He smiled at her and thumbed the silver band on her finger. "But there's nowhere I'd rather be than right here with you...unsteady job or no." (Y/N) huffed a laugh.