Chapter Nine

*Song is mandatory!
My absence was explained in a post I made on my page a few days ago. I love you all so incredibly much and want to bring you all this story as quickly as possible, but constant criticism from readers that can only seem to spread hate can kill a mood very quickly, and that's exactly what happened. I am back, and from now on will not even respond to negativity.
P.S. Hope y'all have checked out the companion book! So far there are two different one shots: one of Blade/Letha and another of Violet/Ranger! 😊*

 Hope y'all have checked out the companion book! So far there are two different one shots: one of Blade/Letha and another of Violet/Ranger! 😊*

•Callie•

Emily is fun. Sometimes a little wild for my taste - particularly her abundant supply of prescription pills she pops every hour throughout the day, but nevertheless, fun.

We spent most of the day together just shopping and walking around, catching up on what all we've both missed.

I've known her practically all my life. Before her parents moved to Santa Cruz five years ago for her father to start a sister chapter of the Savage Wolves, she lived here. Ripper, the president before Ash, wanted to expand the club more and nominated Trenton, Emily's father, as a candidate for presidency.

Trenton won and they took off back in 2014 to start fresh in California.

Growing up, we weren't close in the sense where we could have been called best friends, considering she is a good ten years older than me, and as a kid and a teenager, hanging out with me was the furthest thing from her mind.

But, we do consider each other extended family members - just like we all do in the Wolf family.

Hours later, we finally come back to the clubhouse where she immediately runs to Jazz who she hasn't been able to stop talking about all day.

Emily and Jazz got together as occasional partners years ago and make a road trip to see one another halfway between Vegas and Santa Cruz every six months.

Sometimes I wonder why they even bother if they're not going to be serious about one another, but then I remember that it's not my relationship and whatever works for them is perfectly fine. As long as they're both happy.

Patrons and club members lounge around the Den, boozing, laughing - the usual.

It takes me all of thirty seconds before my eyes land on the one person I've missed all day - the person I couldn't just be with once every six months.

He's standing against the staircase, his arms crossed, looking as brooding as ever with his brows furrowed, his eyes scanning the crowd.

I hold myself back from smiling like a fool when he meets my gaze, not wanting to tip anyone off at my sudden burst of excitement.

Pushing through the throng of Sheep's bodies being used for body shots, Wolves smoking countless cigarettes, and hangarounds egging everyone on every chance they get, I make my way to Gray, slowing down and reaching out to graze my fingers lightly against his forearm, praying no one is paying us any attention.