Chapter 1

One Year Later

"Nobody's perfect. I got to work it. Again and again til I get it right." Caroline sang as she danced around her room. She was supposed to be cleaning but eventually, it just turned into her dancing around her room and singing.

"Wow. That was amazing." She heard a voice say and someone start clapping.

Caroline screamed and turned towards the window, only to be greeted by Peter in his Spider-Man outfit laughing.

"Uh....how long have you been there?"

"About a minute. I was swinging by when I saw your window open and you blasting music."

Caroline groaned. 

"I do have to say you have an amazing voice." Peter said, climbing in through the window and taking his mask off. 

"Yeah sure."

"No, seriously. You do Caroline."

The song changed and Can I Have This Dance came on. Peter looked at Caroline.

"May I have this dance?"

"You may."

The two danced around her room, smiling and giggling. As the song finished, Caroline and Peter looked at each other and slowly started leaning in.

"Hey sis, where's the tv remote?" Josh called out, causing the two teens to jump apart from each other.

"Um, uh" Caroline said, trying to get her thoughts together, running her hands through her hair.

"Nevermind. I found it."

Caroline and Peter looked at each other again.

"Well I better go." Peter said, motioning with his hand to the window.

"Yeah, yeah and I better...um...clean my room before my mom gets mad."

Peter left and Caroline grabbed her phone and called MJ.

"MJ I think we have a problem."

Meanwhile Peter had called Ned and Harry and the three boys were currently sitting in his room.

"So what's going on Peter?" Harry asked.

"I think I'm falling for Caroline but she would never go out with me."

"Alright, alright. Back track just a little. What exactly happened?" Ned asked.

"Okay so I was swinging around patrolling when I swung by Caroline's room and I heard music and singing so I swung over to her window and it took her a minute to see me. I complimented her on her voice and then Can I Have This Dance came on and I asked her to dance, so we did. Then we started leaning in like we were about to kiss but Josh interrupted asking Caroline where the tv remote was."

"Well do you like her?" Harry asked.

"I mean I started developing feelings a while ago before Liz moved away. But this just confirmed my feelings."

"Are you going to ask her out?" Ned asked.

"What? No way dude! Did you not hear me? She would never go out with me."

"Are you going to at least tell her how you feel?" Ned asked again.

"No. This has to stay between us. Don't even tell MJ."

"Alright." Harry and Ned said.

"Whoa, whoa whoa. So you and Peter almost kissed?"

"Yeah."

"And how do you feel about that?"

"Honestly MJ, I don't know."

"Well do you still like him?"

"Yeah. Wait how'd you know I liked him to begin with?"

"Oh please. You know I'm observant. Plus you would practically make heart eyes with him. You still do."

"I don't know MJ."

"Well it's up to you what you want to do."

"I know, I know. Change of subject though, are you ready for the field trip next week?"

"Eh. I would prefer to read a book than look at art for a few hours."

"Oh come on! It'll be fun. What could go wrong?"

The answer: a lot. A lot could go wrong.