Chapter 24

MJ, Harry and Ned ran out of the tower, looking for Caroline and Peter, when they saw an injured Peter and Caroline slowly walking over to them. Harry ran over and put his arm around Peter and MJ did the same with Caroline.

"Did you guys do it?" MJ asked.

"Yeah, we got them all." Peter replied.

"I'm going to need some stitches though, Quentin got me pretty good." Caroline said.

Happy ran up to them and hugged them.

"Thank god you two are okay."

"Good to see you too Happy." Caroline said.

Happy handed the necklace to Peter and motioned over to Caroline. Peter took it and walked up to Caroline.

"Hey, so I was going to give this to you in Paris but that was before everything  went down. And it's a little broken." Peter said, handing the necklace to Caroline.

" Peter said, handing the necklace to Caroline

Caroline gasped. "Peter I love it. I think I love it broken just as much."

"Can I put it on for you?" Peter asked. 

Caroline nodded and pulled her hair up. Once Peter put it on, Caroline turned around to face Peter and did something she never expected to do a second time, she gave Peter a quick peck on the lips.

"Uh. I'm sorry about that. I didn't know what came over me." Caroline blushed.

Instead of responding, Peter pulled her into another kiss, this one longer. Once they pulled away, Caroline looked at Peter.

"That was nice."

"Yeah, yeah it was." Peter said, caressing her cheek.

Once they arrived back in New York, Peter and Caroline walked with the group, Peter's hand intertwined with Caroline's. Before they headed their separate ways to go back home, Caroline looked at Peter.

"So I'll see you later?"

"Yeah." Peter said, giving her a quick kiss.

"You guys are so cute." Betty said.

"Thanks. Uh, I was thinking that maybe we should all, I don't know, like go on a double date or something." Peter responded.

"Oh, we broke up." Ned and Betty said.

"No! What? Why?" Caroline asked.

"Men and women grow apart. But the journey they shared together will always be a part of them."

"You are so wise." Betty said, putting her hand on Ned's cheek.

"Thank you."

Caroline walked over to her mom and Josh and hugged them. As they towards the car, Josh spoke up.

"So you and Parker, eh?"

"Shut up." Caroline replied, giving Josh a light punch on the arm.

They arrived back home and Caroline had just finished unpacking when there was a knock on her window. She walked over and let her boyfriend in.

"I missed you." Peter said, hugging Caroline.

"We saw each other a few hours ago."

"So? Doesn't mean I didn't miss you."

"You're so cheesy."

"You love it though."

"True."

The two laid on the bed and cuddled as Peter messed with Caroline's hair.

"You do realize we're meeting MJ and Harry in a few minutes."

"But I want more cuddle time!" Caroline groaned.

"Later okay?" Peter replied, kissing her forehead.

"Fine." Caroline said, going to put on her suit.

"Woohoo!" Harry screamed as Peter swung him around New York City and Caroline flew MJ. MJ screamed until they came to a stop on a street.

"That was amazing! Ned needs to come next time if he's not busy again." Harry exclaimed.

"I'm never doing that again." MJ said.

"Well we better go guys." Peter said.

As Caroline and Peter turned around to leave, a breaking news bulletin came on from the local news station.

"This is breaking news. We come to you now with revelations about last week's attack in London. An anonymous source provided this video, it shows Quentin Beck, AKA, Mysterio, moments before his death. A warning, you may find this video disturbing."

"I managed to send the Elemental back into the dimensional rift, but I don't think I'm going to make it off this bridge alive. Spider-Man and Blue Electric attacked me for some reason. They have an army of weaponized drones, Stark technology. They're saying he's the only one who's going to be the new Iron Man, no one else." Quentin said.

"Are you sure you want to commence the drone attack? There will be significant casualties." E.D.I.T.H said.

"Do it. Execute them all." Peter replied with Caroline standing next to him.

"This shocking video was released earlier today on the controversial news website thedailybugle.net."

"There you have it folks, conclusive proof that Spider-Man and Blue Electric was responsible for the brutal murder of Mysterio. An interdimensional warrior who gave his life to protect our planet, and who will no doubt, go down in history as the greatest superhero of all time! But that's not all folks, here's the real blockbuster. Brace yourselves, you might want to sit down." J. Jonah Jameson said.

"Spider-Man's real... Spider-Man's real name is... Spider-Man's name is Peter Parker and Blue Electric's real name is Caroline Stark!" The video of Quentin said.

On screen, both a picture of Caroline and Peter was shown. The four teens looks at each other. Their lives were about to get a lot more complicated.

Spider-Man and Blue Electric will return