Chapter 8

"What in the world happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis and the gravitational pull is everywhere." Starlord said.

Tony looked around for a minute then walked to the rest of the group.

"Alright I have a plan, or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple, hard to mess up. All we got to do is draw Thanos in, pin him down and get the stones."

However, Drax was not paying attention, irritating Tony and Tony asked Starlord to do something.

"Well see, I think your plan sucks. It would be a whole lot better if I made the plan."

"I'm sorry, but what exactly have you and your team done to save the world?" Tony asked.

"He did a dance off and saved the galaxy." Drax said.

"What? Like in Footloose?" Peter asked.

"Exactly like in Footloose. Is it still the best movie?"

"It never was dude." Peter said with a chuckle.

"Um, is your friend supposed to so that?" Mantis asked, pointing to Strange.

"Yo wizard. Are you okay?" Tony asked.

Dr. Strange suddenly stopped and looked scared.

"I was examining all the possible outcomes of what's to come."

"How many were there?" Tony asked.

"14,000,605."

"How many did we win?"

"One."

Back in Wakanda, the team was fighting off the creatures left and right. Caroline, Okoye, Wanda and Natasha were currently up against Proxima Midnight.

"You might as well give up, you're no match for me."

"You know, you do too much talking. Plus it's four against one."

"You will never win. No one wins against Thanos and his children."

"Yeah well that's about to change." Caroline said, wielding up an energy ball and launching it at Proxima Midnight, knocking her into the path of a passing thresher, blue blood exploding on everything.

"Good job Caroline." Natasha said with a smile.

"She was getting on my nerves. Also this is really gross." Caroline said, holding up her blue blood splattered arms.

Back on Titan, Thanos showed up, ready to get the next stone but was met with Dr. Strange.

"Looks like Maw accomplished his mission."

"And let me guess, this is your home?"

"It was so beautiful at one time but was too overcrowded."

"And let me guess, you solved the problem with genocide?"

"It had to be done to restore order and balance. And now, once I get all six stones, I can simply snap my fingers and half the universe will cease to exist."

"Then what?"

"Then I can finally rest."

"I think you will find that a little hard to accomplish with us though."

"Us?" As Thanos said that, Tony rushed in with a large piece of wreckage, hurling it at Thanos.

"See piece of cake." Tony said.

Everyone began attacking, Strange sending them through portals. Suddenly, a ship flew in and right into Thanos.

"You should've killed me when you had the chance." Nebula said, jumping out and lunging toward Thanos.

"It would've been a waste." Thanos replied.

As the fought, Peter was able to web down one arm, and the others were able to hold down the other as Mantis calmed his mind so they could get the gauntlet.

"Wait, where's Gamora?" Quill asked.

"We've already been over this Quill." Tony said, rolling his eyes. "Focus!"

"No, Thanos took Gamora."

"He was going after the soul stone and Gamora knew where it was. He came back with it." Nebula said quietly.

"No, you don't mean."

"She didn't come back."

"No. Tell me you didn't." Quill said, looking at Thanos.

"I had to." Thanos muttered, trying to break free of Mantis' trance.

"Quill, we almost have it off. Hold it together."

Instead, Quill began hitting him over and over again, breaking Thanos out of the trance and defeating all of them and stabbing Tony.

"Stop." Strange said. "Spare his life and I will give you the time stone."

"Strange!" Tony said.

Strange handed the stone over and Thanos transported himself away.

Everyone looked to each other in defeat, except for Dr. Strange who knew this is how it had to be.