Chapter 21

Peter got back to the hotel and knocked on Caroline's door.

"Hey Pete."

"Hey. Um, do you maybe, I don't know, want to take a walk? With me?" Peter asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"I would love that." Caroline said, grabbing her bag and closing the door.

"So this trip has been pretty crazy." Peter said.

"Yeah. Honestly I was hoping to get away from the crazy and chaoticness. But that changed when we got to Venice and Fury showed up."

"Yeah." Peter paused for a second. "Hey I wanted to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I like you, like a lot."

Caroline smiled and looked at him. "I like you too. Like a lot."

Before anything else could be said, a realization dawned on Caroline and she reached into her bag.

"I almost forgot. I found this weird thing when you fought the fire elemental earlier."

"What is that?" Peter asked, grabbing the piece of tech.

It turned on and they saw a projection of the air elemental.

"What is it, like some kind of projector or something?"

"Yeah, but it's really advanced."

"It looked so real."

"Yeah, really real."

"Wait a minute, does that mean that-"

"The Elementals are fake? That doesn't make any sense, because we were there, right? There was fire, and destruction, and... Who would do something like that?

The projector showed Quentin Beck as Mysterio.

"I knew something was up with that guy." Caroline said. "I should've said something after he threatened me."

"Whoa, whoa what. He threatened you?" Peter said getting angry.

"Yeah but I ignored it."

"Yeah well I gave him the glasses your dad left for me."

"We gotta tell Fury."

"No! He's probably tapping us."

"So what do we do?"

"First we go back to the hotel and let Ned, Harry and MJ know what's going on and to come up with a story and then we go to Berlin."

"Wait, so Mysterio is a fraud and so are the monster things and you two are going to Berlin to stop him?" Harry asked.

"Pretty much." Caroline replied.

"I would tell you this is serious but you fought a big purple alien and his army. So this is nothing compared to that."

"Yeah well I'm just glad I have this suit prototype Fury gave me."

"Okay

"Okay. So you guys know the story to tell?" Peter asked.

"You went to visit family in Berlin and Caroline went with you." Ned said.

"Alright. We'll be back."

And with the that, Caroline and Peter headed off to Berlin.