Chapter 11

Five years later........

"It's chow time!" Tony said, walking toward a little playhouse.

"Morgan H. Stark."

"Define lunch or be disintegrated." A little Morgan walked out, with an ironman helmet on.

"Where'd you find that?"

"The garage."

"Okay kiddo. Let's go get some lunch." Tony said, picking Morgan up.

As they walked back towards the house, a black car pulled up and Steve, Natasha and Scott got out.

Tony sighed, putting Morgan down and sending her inside.

Scott explained his idea to Tony of getting the stones back.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale, which then triggers the Deutsch proposition. Can we agree on that? In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home."

"I did." Scott interjected.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off whatever you called it?"

"A time heist." Scott said, proud of the name.

"Come on Tony. We could go back in time and get the stones and make our own gauntlet and do our own snap." Natasha said.

"Or you could make everything worse." Tony added.

"I really don't think we would." Steve said.

"You know, I missed that giddy optimism. But the answer's still no."

"I know you have a wife and kid but I lost someone special to me, we all did." Scott started.

"You're right and I'm not putting that on the line."

"What about Caroline? Peter?" Steve interrupted.

"They're gone. And I have to live with that for the rest of my life. Steve, I can't-" Tony paused as he held his emotions together. "I can't lose this too. I've lost so much already."

Later that night as Tony was washing the dishes, his eye caught the picture sitting behind some stuff on a shelf. He picked it up and looked at the picture of him and Peter holding his Stark Internship certificate and Caroline hugging Peter.

Tony ran model after model on the hologram computer until he figured it out.

"Oh my god!" Tony said, hand over mouth.

"What daddy?" Morgan said.

"What are you doing up missy? Let's get you to bed."

As Tony tucked in Morgan, she pointed to a picture that had always been in her room  that she never questioned.

"Who's that girl in the picture daddy?"

Tony looked and saw it was a picture of him, Josh and Caroline after he announced them to the world as his kids.

"That's your sister Caroline with your brother Josh."

"What happened to her?"

"She's gone baby. You would've loved her though. She loved little kids."

"I'm sorry daddy." Morgan said, noticing that Tony was tearing up.

"No, no it's okay sweetheart. You didn't do anything." He said, kissing her forehead. 

"I love you three thousand." 

"Three thousand? That's a lot. I love you three thousand as well."