Chapter 17

"Morgan, slow down!"

"Come on Caroline! You're too slow."

"I'm coming! I'm coming!"

The two girls found themselves down at the lake and sitting on the dock.

"Do you have to leave tomorrow?"

"Yes Morgan. Don't worry though, I'll be back in two weeks and I'll come back to visit and give you your present."

"Are you and the Mr. Spider-Man dating?" Morgan asked out of the blue.

"Do you mean Peter?" Caroline chuckled.

Morgan shook her head yes and Caroline laughed.

"No, we're not dating."

"Daddy used to always tell mommy that he shipped you two. I don't know what that means but he said you would marry him one day."

"Oh did he?" Caroline said, intrigued with what her sister was saying.

"Yeah. Do you love him? Like mommy and daddy loved each other?"

"I don't know Morgan. I might."

"Just watch out. He has cooties."

Caroline laughed and hugged Morgan.

"Of course. The last thing I want is cooties."

Later on that evening as Caroline and Pepper were doing the dishes, Caroline brought up her and Morgan's conversation from earlier.

"So Morgan told me today that you and dad would talk about me and Peter and us getting married."

"Oh she did? It's funny what kids hear."

"Did dad really think that?"

"Oh yeah. He saw the way you two looked at each other. And let's not forget about that kiss. So you like him?"

"I mean yeah. And I know we kissed but I'm scared. I can't lose him too. And it's bound to happen with being superheroes. I mean look what happened with dad and me and Peter and half the universe."

"I know sweetheart. It can be scary but when you really love someone or something, you overlook those what ifs. I mean if we lived our lives trying to avoid what ifs, we would be nowhere in life or in development. We wouldn't have electricity, cars, phones, or anything else. Sometimes you just have to take that jump."

"Wow Pepper. That was deep. Now I know where Morgan gets it."

The two laughed and continued doing the dishes.

When the group arrived on the airplane, Peter and Ned were sitting next to each other when Ned kept noticing how nervous Peter looked

"Come on dude. Let's just enjoy our vacation. Stop worrying and relax. Spend some time with Caroline."

"You're right. The seat next to her is empty. I'm going to try to sit next to her. I brought a headphone splitter so we could watch videos together."

Peter got up and went towards where Caroline was sitting but Brad got up at the same time and went towards Caroline. Noticing what was happening, Harry got up and walked over to Brad and put his hands on his shoulders.

"Hey Brad buddy. Where you going?"

"I was going to sit next to Caroline."

"You sure about that? Cause I know her pretty well and she gets a little smelly sometimes."

"Yeah, well I don't really care about that."

"Is there a problem here boys?" Mr. Harrington asks, coming up to them.

"Well you see Mr. Harrington, Peter's allergies are flaring up where he's sitting and Brad is trying to keep him from sitting back here."

"Oh, well Peter come sit next to me. We can't have any allergic reactions. Ned, go sit by Betty and Brad, go sit with Caroline."

Harry walks by Peter and whispers to him.

"I'm sorry. That didn't go as planned."

Peter sat down and realized that his once simple plan, just got more complicated and little did he know Harry had realized the same thing about his plan and how they would have to work around this new variable.