Chapter 13

The avengers compound had been destroyed. Thanos and his army from years earlier had made their way into the present. Steve and Tony, after getting out of the rubble, walked over to Thanos.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"What can I say? We're stubborn." Tony replied.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do. I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then...With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve said.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them."

"Yeah, well neither will-" Steve began but was cut off.

"Cap. You there? It's Sam."

"Sam?"

"On your left."

Steve and Tony turned and saw multiple portals begin to open, the fallen heroes coming out. Peter and Caroline walked out.

"Caroline, they did -" Peter began but was cut off with Caroline pulling Peter in and giving him a kiss. As they kissed, Tony walked up and Caroline broke away from a stunned Peter.

"Uh..hey dad."

"Hey Mr. Stark. You will not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? I must've passed out, 'cause I woke up, and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right? He was like, "It's been five years. Come on, they need us!" And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time..."

Tony cut him off with a hug.

"This is....nice." Peter said hugging him back.

Tony pulled away and looked at Caroline.

"Carebear."

"Dad." The two hugged and Tony smirked.

"You wanna tell me what that was with Parker a second ago?"

"Dad!" Caroline groaned. "I guess it was a reaction in the moment thing."

"Uh huh. I'm sure. Now we got more things to worry about. Then we can talk about that whole thing I just witnessed."

"Alright Avengers." Steve said. "Assemble!"

And with that, all the heroes charged and began fighting.

Caroline went towards Proxima Midnight.

"Move little girl. You're in the way of Thanos and his children fulfilling his destiny."

"You know" Caroline began, her eyes and body starting to glow blue. "I defeated you once. I have no problem doing it again."

"Oh please, you don't scare me."

"Well you should be scared. You and your army took everything from us. I lost five years of my life because of you people." And with that, Caroline shot a huge electric blast towards Proxima Midnight, the blue glow around her getting brighter. After she sent the blast and Proxima was down, she turned around, the blue glow slowly disappearing, and saw Peter with his mouth wide open.

"W-wow."

"Kid, close your mouth or you'll catch flies." Tony said, flying by.

Peter had got the gauntlet and was surrounded.

"Karen, activate instant kill." As Peter fought off the army, something had entered the atmosphere.

"Oh yeah!" Rocket said.

Captain Marvel flew down and to Peter who was on the ground, covered in dirt.

"Hi, I'm Peter Parker."

"Well hi Peter Parker. You got something for me?"

"Yeah but I don't know how you're going to get through that."

"Don't worry. She's got help." Wanda said, coming up to her with Valkyrie, Wasp, Pepper, Shuri,  Nebula, Gamora, Okoye, and Caroline.

As they fought for the gauntlet, Tony goes and pulls on the gauntlet before crashing down to the ground.

"I am" Thanos began as he held up the gauntlet. "Inevitable."

He snapped but nothing happened. He looked down to the gauntlet and realized all the stone were missing. Tony helped up his hand that had a gauntlet with all the stones in it.

"And I...am...Ironman." And with that Tony snapped, resulting in Thanos and his army to be turned to dust. Tony fell to the ground and Peter, Pepper and Caroline ran up to him.

"Dad!"

"Mr. Stark! Hey Mr. Stark. We did it. You did it. We won. You did it Mr. Stark." Peter said, crying. "I'm sorry Tony."

"Dad. Please don't leave. I need you." Caroline said, putting her head on his chest, Tony slowly and weakly putting his hand on her back as she sobbed.

Pepper kneeled down in front of Tony.

"Hey."

"Hey Pep."

"It's okay Tony. We'll be okay. You can rest now."

Tony closed his eyes and his arc reactor went out. Caroline cried and Pepper reached for her and brought her to her chest.

"Shh Caroline. It'll be okay." Pepper said, giving her a kiss on her forehead.

Peter knelt down and hugged both of them, tears silently rolling down his cheek.

AN: Psh I'm totally not crying right now writing this. My eyes are just sweating.