Chapter 7

Caroline and the rest of the team landed in Wakanda and headed out to meet T'Challa.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asked Rhodey.

"Yeah. He's a king. You're supposed to bow."

Caroline held back a chuckle as they walked off the quinjet and were met with T'Challa.

Steve and him shook hands. " I feel like I'm always thanking you for something."

Bruce steps forward and bows, Caroline turning red from trying to hold back laughter.

"Your highness."

"Dude!" Rhodey said.

"We don't do that here."

Bruce straightened up and looked at Rhodey who was grinning as they walked inside.

"So what can we expect?" T'Challa asked.

As the adults were talking, Caroline heard someone call her name.

"Is that Caroline Stark?"

"Shuri!" Caroline went to greet the princess and was met with a hug.

"It's so good to finally meet you."

"You too."

"Finally another female who understands technology well that I can talk to."

"And one that's around your age. Too bad my friend couldn't be here."

"Ah the spider yeah?"

Caroline blushed and smiled.

"That's him."

"Are you two a couple or-"

"We're just friends."

"Are you sure, your face says otherwise."

"Okay, I may like him."

"Then get your man. Don't wait forever and don't be like my brother and freeze."

"I know. I just don't want to ruin anything and now with everything going on, I don't know when we'll get to talk about it."

"Just don't freeze."

"I would never."

"You know my brother said that too and you know what he did? He froze."

The two girls laughed until everyone came up to them.

"So is everyone ready?" Steve asked.

"Let's go. Can't waste time." Shuri said, leading them to the room she would be analyzing the stone in.

Steve came up to Caroline and gave her a side hug.

"Listen Caroline, if it gets too dangerous, please sit it out. I don't want you getting hurt."

"I will Steve. Nothing will happen."

"Guys, something's entered the atmosphere." Okoye said.

"Uh cap, we have an issue." Sam said through the coms at the same time.

The group walked outside to see vessels falling and slamming into the shield around Wakanda. They watched as ones that landed in the forest opened, revealing alien creatures. Proxima Midnight walked out from among them.

"Hand over the stone to Thanos."

"I don't think so." Natasha said.

"We aren't going down without a fight." Caroline added.

"Well we've got blood to spare." She replied, sending the alien creatures toward the dome.

"Shuri, on my command open this section of the shield."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Everyone get ready."

Everyone lined up, defenses ready. Caroline next to Steve and Natasha, balls of energy glowing bright in her hands.

"Yibambe!" T'Challa yelled as the tribes yelled it back. 

As the shield lifted for the section, the group ran forward.