Chapter 22

Once they arrived in Berlin, they were met by Fury in a car.

"Get in." 

One they got to the building, Peter started telling Fury what was happening when everything started changing.

"Hill, what's going on?"

But it was too late, Quentin was there and created an illusion that Peter was in.

"I don't think you know what's real, Peter. You need to wake up! I mean, look at yourself. You are just a scared little kid in a sweatsuit! I created Mysterio to give the world someone to believe in. I control the truth! Mysterio is the truth. If you were good enough, maybe Tony would still be alive. Deep down, you know I'm right. You made your choice, and all you had to do was step aside. And now you have-" but Beck was cut off by Fury shooting him.

"Who all did you guys tell?" Fury questioned Peter and Caroline.

"Just Ned, Harry and MJ. And Ned's girlfriend might know."

"You two are so dumb."

"What?" The two teens questioned.

"Just suckers."

Fury transforms into Quentin.

"Now all your friends have to die. It's easy to fool people when they're already fooling themselves. But for what it's worth, Peter, I really am sorry."

And with that, he threw Peter against a speeding train.

"Peter!" Caroline yelled, flying after him.

Caroline helped a bruised and beaten Peter onto the train and as Peter leaned on Caroline, the two fell asleep.

When they woke up, they were in a jail cell surrounded by grown men. Peter pulled Caroline closer to him and asked the men where they were. Once finding out they were in the Netherlands, Caroline and Peter stood up.

"We have to get out of here." Caroline said.

Peter walked up to the cell door and grabbed the lock and broke it.

"Alright well that's one way." Caroline said as they left.

Peter called Happy and Caroline helped support Peter as they went to where Happy was going to land. Once Happy landed, he got out and ushered the kids in.

"Come on kids!"

"Wait! Tell me something only Happy would know." Peter said.

"What?"

"Happy, just do it!" Caroline replied.

"Ok, um... Oh. When we were in Berlin, you ordered a movie and it was an adult film and-."

"Alright. Yeah you're Happy." Peter said, making his way onto the plane.

"I'm sorry, did he say adult film?" Caroline asked.

As Happy stitched Peter up, they told Happy what happened.

Peter, getting frustrated finally jumped up and spoke.

"I messed up so bad. I trusted Beck. Right? I thought he was my friend, so I gave him the only thing that Mr. Stark left behind for me, and now he's going to kill my friends and half of Europe. So please, do not tell me to relax! I'm sorry, Happy. I'm sorry, I shouldn't shout. I just really miss him. And I should've listened to you Caroline when you said something was off."

"Yeah, I miss him too."

"I do too Peter. But you can't beat yourself up about this. He fooled everyone. It's not your fault."