Chapter 5

It was weird . Weird to have a company for lunch because Taehyung was used to sitting alone during lunch time, staring off into the space blankly. So this was new but weird - a good kind of weird. Taehyung and Jungkook were sitting in the restaurant like usually commin people hangout.

"You don't eat much Taehyung, no wonder you are so skinny." Jungkook pointed out brows furrowed deep, mouth full of bulgogi wrap.

"I don't have much appetite." Taehyung said, eating consciously.

"Look just because I'm paying doesn't mean you can't eat. Pay next time, no big deal." Jungkook said with no care about eating messily.

It eased Taehyung a bit. Jungkook outside the office was a different man. Soft - That's what he was. Hairs not styled back, instead falling back on his forehead. No suit but simple white oversized tees. His sweet smile with a nose scrunch so adorable making Taehyung smile unknowingly.

It was no surprise that their office mates were baffled by their friendship. Mostly shocked by Taehyung hanging out and talking to their boss. No doubt their boss was sociable. But Taehyung? Taehyung was not. Taehyung was awkward. Exceptionable.

Taehyung was hesitant at the beginning. Hesitant to talk much. Hesitant to hangout often. He was conscious about his every move. Every word. He was bothered about his posture, attire, words, behavior, basically everything. He didn't want to risk it all. He got a new friend - a person to spend time with, because loneliness was scary. Petrifying. He didn't wanna loose now that he had something.

Taehyung slowly began to wind up after three weeks of their friendship. It took him three weeks to talk to him about his hobbies.Three weeks to text jungkook for dinner. Three weeks to care less about his posture, words, behavior. Three weeks for his iconic box smile to appear without hesitation.

Talking about the smile, Jungkook still remembered that day when he accidentally had ice cream on his nose and Taehyung pointed at him. Jungkook only spread it more unknowingly on his nose, making Taehyung laugh hysterically and unveil his iconic box grin. To say Jungkook was stunned would be an understatement, he literally stood there staring at him for good 20 seconds.

Taehyung just wanted someone to ask about him. About his likes, about his life . Jungkook was doing just that. If Taehyung could open up a bit , all credit goes to Jungkook. It was strange for Taehyung how Jungkook knows what is to be done to make people open up. Taehyung was thankful. Despite being dull, blank and least responsive in the beginning Jungkook didn't stop. He was determined and Taehyung was thankful for it.

They had a routine. A good morning text with insane emojis from Jungkook, a good start to their morning. Meeting at the office. Having lunch together, trying every restaurant in the locality. Hanging out in the evening. Sometimes at a coffee shop sometimes at the park wandering like Taehyung and Jimin used to. Sometimes at the gaming cafe. Taehyung was stuck playing games, all because of Jungkook. Taehyung never played and it was fascinating for him when he was first introduced to it. They even played all evening at Jungkook's flat. It would be fair to say that gaming helped Taehyung open up a bit. Jungkook would drop him home if they were late, busy playing .

It was that day when Taehyung asked Jungkook if he could stay the night at his place . It was a text basically - Late at night. The reason was his mom didn't call him for 5 days straight. It was getting eerily quite back in his flat. It was disturbing him, so without any further thought he texted him . And who was Jungkook to deny when his friend needs him. Jungkook grabbed his car keys and picked him up. The car ride back to Jungkook's place was quite as Taehyung was deep in thought. It was only when Jungkook asked him stupid things once they came to his house, Taehyung began conversing. And it flowed effortlessly.
Jungkook was sleepy, it could be seen from the way he rubbed his face once in a while suppressing yawns. But he didn't go to sleep. He sat there and listened to Taehyung until very morning. It was not like Taehyung didn't see his efforts to stay awake. It was actually touching, seeing a person take efforts for him to be comfortable. They both skipped office the next day. That day, actually night was the moment, Taehyung let Jungkook in. Into his life .

The bond between them only grew stronger day by day. Moment by moment.

Taehyung could talk to him about anything. His life back in Daegu, his pranks on teachers with Jimin, how they would bunk classes to wander. About her mom, how she always wanted Taehyung to learn piano like her, how she always read him stories in his childhood, how they enjoyed every festival with his grandma. How he really wanted to build a snowman when he was five but it never snowed. Dumb Taehyung.

He missed his childhood. No knowledge of the situation, no worry. No acknowledgement no pain. That's how simple life was.

-x-x-x-x-x-

Friendship. That's what they believed. But how could they justify their hearts beating fast when their hands brushed walking down the lonesome street.
Could they justify the sweet smile they have when they steal glances at each other for apparently no particular reason.
Could Jungkook justify swelling of his heart when Taehyung trusts him much to share little things with him with that pretty smile. Could Taehyung justify the welling up of his emotions when Jungkook would hear him all night with his eyes holding empathy and love.

Every time that i see you
You're stealing my heart!

Sunday afternoon - Taehyung and Jungkook in the living room were watching a Netflix show. Taehyung lying on the sofa with his hands below his chin, hairs falling in front of his eyes. On the other hand, Jungkook laid on the floor recklessly with one hand on his forehead and other on his chest.

Both watching an intriguing scene when suddenly someone knocked heavily on his door. Both snapped their head towards the noise. Both looked at each other with a doubtful expression. Taehyung got up to open the door and as soon as he opened it slightly, the door opened with a force. He jerked back immediately, stunned to see an old lady in her late 40s with an irate expression.

Jungkook couldn't see the guest apparently because of Taehyung obstructing his vision. He was puzzled. He was about to get up when....