Chapter 26

Jimin left when Jungkook at last dared to knock on the door. Taehyung was still waiting for Jungkook in his room. He had his eyes on the door, waiting when Jungkook would come and ask about him.

" Tae ? Baby ? You okay ? " And the door opened with Jungkook hesitantly stepping inside. It didn't take Taehyung two seconds to think and he barged onto Jungkook as if they didn't meet for decades. It didn't take two seconds for Taehyung to cry on his shoulder hard, after all he was afraid that Jungkook left him. It was the last thing he wanted to feel, he knew he couldn't bare that pain over anything. Jungkook held him close, arms tightening around his waist with tears in his eyes spilling abruptly. They both cried hard for a moment, both for apparently different reasons. Taehyung cried because he thought Jungkook left him and Jungkook cried thinking that he has to leave Taehyung sooner for better reasons.

" I...I was so s...scared kook. I... I  thought..." Taehyung hiccupped on Jungkook's shoulder.

"I'm so s.. sorry kookie. I'm so sorry." Jungkook's hold only tightened even more if it was even possible.

"I'm here babe, don't worry. I'm here for you. Just.... Just don't ignore me Taehyung. I want to help you, don't distance yourself from me, lemme help you . Just let me be there for you." Jungkook mumbled in Taehyung's hair.

" No I won't do that again. I won't do anything like that. I'm ready for anything, I'll do anything to get normal back again, I'll take any treatment. I'll do it for myself, I'll do it you, for us. I just want to be with you." Taehyung's desperation for getting treated encouraged Jungkook to tell him about his parents. He had to do it because it was better to take immediate actions.

"Taehyung I just came back visiting your hometown." Taehyung broke their hug to look at Jungkook. He knew something might be wrong for Jungkook to go and visit his hometown.

"I met your Grandma." Jungkook started, clearly hesistant, not wanting to risk it all.

"Granny? .. w...w..what did she say? I couldn't see her for years? Is everything okay kook?" If Jungkook was hesitant, so was Taehyung, afraid to know something that he couldn't handle.

" She is bedridden but fine. Actually I  visited your old house too where your mom and dad ......d..... died." The statement was enough for Taehyung to withdraw himself from Jungkook. He stood still, eyes wide as his whole world came crashing down.

"Yes Taehyung they died l....long back after Jimin left you. Your family had an accident in your house..... You..."

"STOP IT!!" Voice boomed across the flat, as Taehyung blocked his ears with his hands, trying to unhear it all but failing miserably as the words have been already registered in his mind.

Jungkook dared to crouch down beside Taehyung, but  he backed away from Jungkook immediately as if Jungkook was going to harm him - as if he wasn't Taehyung's Jungkook. It hurted Jungkook but he knew better, he knew Taehyung was shattered and so was he.

" Tae I know it hurts darling. Please...please don't do this to yourself. Taehyung you'll be fine once your treatment gets started. Tae..."

"You want to get rid of me right?" The voice was very low and at the same time very threatening for Jungkook as if Taehyung was accusing him.

Taehyung continued even if he wasn't in his senses " You are planning all this right. You are planning with others to prove everyone that I'm mad. You are implicating me into this dirt, aren't you Jungkook? You don't want me anymore..."

" No Tae...." Jungkook's lips quivered from the accusations. Even if his heart knew that Taehyung didn't mean any of it, his mind didn't agree with his heart.