Chapter 32

"Taehyung sshi~ you should be in your room. What are you doing outside at this time? Get back to your ward."

It was past midnight. It seemed that Taehyung did not leave the place even when Yoongi ran away due to some work pending in his studio. Taehyung had assured him that he would go soon after but it was clear that Taehyung had no plans leaving the serene atmosphere.The nurse assigned to his ward had been for rounds searching for the person owning the empty room.

"Look you are halfway drenched. You should be changing soon. Get back to your room." The light drizzles of shower had soon evolved into strong winds with heavy downpour, drenching the shelter along with Taehyung but it seemed that he was deep in thought.

-x-x-x-x-x-

"No! Fever isn't going down." Taehyung had fainted the moment he stood up to walk back to his room. Apparently the serene weather wasn't much serene to his body.

His body temperature had elevated higher than the normal temperature, making him shiver. Even after he was back to his conscious state after an hour, he didn't seem to be in good condition. His body felt weak, shaking visibly and paler than his normal healthy golden tanned skin. His eyes were pretty swollen and bloodshot, clearly not capable of holding more tears. It was like a heavy weight burdening his shoulders, lungs stiff as if made of stone and head as if someone was tearing it apart. It seemed that his already lethargic body couldn't cope up with the agonizing weather change and stress was like the cherry on the top.

He was positive all along the time Yoongi was talking to him about the companionship. He was happy that he had someone to go back to but...
But a flicker of doubt lit inside his mind - doubt that he might not be that lucky if his past records had to be considered. A flicker of doubt soon evolved into an excruciating inferno that had him shook. Even when he knew overthinking leads to your own end, he kept allowing his mind to wander to the dark.

"Doctor said Yoongi sir would be arriving for his aid. He might be here soon."

Hoseok was called up by another hospital for emergency so he couldn't visit himself. He didn't get a single chance to meet Taehyung all this week. So he sent his boyfriend who always helped him in his work even if his schedule was more than hectic.

Yoongi arrived an hour later, usually not a fan of getting up early in the morning. With heavy droopy eyes, he sat next to Taehyung who was slipping in and out of sleep, hands on Taehyung's forehead, feeling the body hot against his normally cold hands.

"I told you to go inside when I left you." Yoongi sighed trying to be as strict as possible but failing miserably in front of the languid body.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung had no energy in his body to voice the word above a whisper, his throat dry as if the air he swallowed was nothing but abrading sand layering his throat.

"He'll come today. Don't stress about that Taehyung. Just take care of yourself. Jungkook would not be happy with you if you stay this way."

Taehyung just closed his eyes which were burning with longing, making a way for a single tear drop to escape, layering the already tear stained cheeks.

"Sir he just threw up an hour ago. I think we should admit him, he seems really weak." The nurse by his side said, voice lacing worry for her patient.

"Okay, give him glucose drips, I don't think he'll be ready to eat anything."

-x-x-x-x-x-