Chapter 16

Wallpaper for free ;)

"Kookie, I love you" Taehyung said softly seated between Jungkook's legs, laying on his chest and wrapping Jungkook's arms around his stomach.

Jungkook decided to watch a Netflix show with Taehyung to distract him because he seemed gloomy and weak since morning. Taehyung seemed lost in a deep thought, mostly thinking about ways to convince Jungkook that he loves him as much as he does. He was thinking about ways to show him that he believes him more than himself.

He turned towards Jungkook who wasn't really paying attention to the show himself, Taehyung held his face with warm and assuring palms, comforting Jungkook from his worry and guilt building up in his heart.

"I really love you. It's not like you are not important to me kook. You are the most important person in my life and you should know that. You out of all should know I don't  have people who would love me like you do. I don't know how to convince you, how to prove my love  for you but believe me I really do. You mean world to me." Tears were brimming in Taehyung's eyes. Eyes that exhibited sadness and voice softer and tender.

"My day starts with you and ends with you. I can only see you. I can only feel you. I'm so sorry kook." Taehyung's palm caressed Jungkook's cheeks were he hit him.

"I may act stupid sometimes but please promise me you won't leave me. You will forgive me." Jungkook wiped his tear that rolled down his cheeks, feeling overwhelmed himself.

"You don't have to say sorry for my rude behavior Tae. I shouldn't have said those things when I knew it was hurting you, when I knew it was hurting me. I was stupid to think you don't love me as much as I do. It was pathetic of me to think that way. It's not a competition to compare who loves more and who does not. I know you love me, I believe you but I'm a fool Tae, am such a fool. I'm sorry for hurting you. I shouldn't have left..." He looked down at his shirt, couldn't face Taehyung anymore.

" No. You are not the only one to blame baby. I should have tried to understand you. I should have listened to your explanation. It's not like I don't trust you kookie. I trust you more than anything. More than I trust myself. I'll tell Jimin that I can't help him this time and he has to do it on his own."

Jungkook realized Taehyung was really clueless about the imposter. He still thought he was Jimin. He thought to himself whether he should confront Taehyung about last night at the moment?

"Babe I wanted to tell you something. Actually I wanted to ask you something." He started slowly so that Taehyung wouldn't freak out all of a sudden. It was sensitive for him. The matter was sensitive for both of them. Taehyung listened to him attentively, hands entwined with Jungkook's, held close to him.

"Tae.... we tracked Jimin's number yesterday." Jungkook expected Taehyung to freak out on the matter of him spying  his best friend but  instead Taehyung seemed to be comprehending with what Jungkook was about to say further with brows furrowed deep.

"We tracked and we got to know that he wasn't Jimin but his imposter."

"WHAT? IMPOSTER?"

"Yes, he is an imposter. His name is Yugyeom and he lives in Seoul not Daegu."

" Yugyeom? But how is this possible kook? I talked to him for eight months now. I never felt anything off about him."

"He accepted that he was swindling you Tae. When he came to know about me by you, he thought of demanding more money from you."

It was hard for Taehyung to believe. He talked to Jimin on a regular basis. They shared about themselves to each other regularly. But when Taehyung went deep in thought and started introspecting the times they talked on phone, he could actually nit-pick times when things didn't make any sense to him, but at that time he brushed them off not giving much thought to it. But the whole scenario started to make sense to him now as he started  to fix the pieces of puzzle correctly. Taehyung talked to him, shared everything about him. Yes, Jimin behaved weird at the start but Taehyung thought he was over thinking. Jimin shared less about his work, only talking about it when he needed money. Most of the times he would be drunk to which it added that Jimin was behaving weird. He  could also remember those times when Jimin would only ask about him and not share anything about himself. He would get irritated when asked more about him but Taehyung only thought it might be due to his drunken self.

"So I was indirectly helping him fabricate the whole story. Huh...how could I be so dumb I thought I was over thinking about he being weird. I thought he was drunk to which it adds up that he didn't speak more about himself.... Jungkook he said at the start of our conversation that he wasn't Jimin. At that time he was drunk and I thought he was upset by me for leaving him. I didn't think much. I...I guess I was that desperate to talk to somebody that I didn't think much of his odd behavior. I was being used Jungkook..."

"Hey hey it's fine, relax. He is behind the bars now. You don't have to worry about it okay. You just have to sign a few documents and be the witness. That's it, then it's done. Don't stress yourself much my love." And Jungkook kissed his temple, body warmth making them both drowsy. Taehyung still couldn't get hold of the situation. Many things running all at once. He shared his life matters with a stranger for eight months? He didn't even think twice before making it sure that it was Jimin whom he was contacting.  But when did Jimin change his number? Even if he did why didn't he informed Taehyung about it? Hopefully he was fine.

It was a hectic start of the week. They really hoped days get better for them or they have to plan another vacation for themselves to rejuvenate.

Note: please do vote and share💜