Chapter 14

It feels the same. Same wasted Jungkook that he was back then. Only difference is the pain. Jungkook back then wasn't loved but the Jungkook right here right now was loved. Loved by his other half, loved by his soulmate. I guess that's why it hurted him even more. People always said Don't expect anything from anyone - Who knew it better than Jungkook who was stomped upon by his own parents. But this time he made a mistake. Mistake of expecting. Expecting that Taehyung loves him as much as he does.  Expecting that he trusts him as much as he does.

But at the same time, it was okay, because at least Taehyung loved him back. It wasn't one sided, it wasn't unrequited. It might have hurt bad that way. It's better this way. Being loved is better than no love, right.

Seated in a shady bar with God knows how many lights irritating his vision, he decided to drink. Drink until he forgets their bitter encounter. Until he gets convinced that he can go back to his love. Even at this moment he craved for his touch, craved for his soothing sound. That's how much he missed him.

It's dark, but with the lights flickering across the hall, it  interrupted the comfort that the darkness was giving him. It was almost irritating, the glimmering light irritating his vision, affecting his already hassled brain, dry parched throat making it difficult to take in air, sweat profusely escaping his body because of the heated dancefloor nearby. He didn't notice his phone  ringing, mute among the shrilling music blasting through the speakers.

When Jungkook finally noticed his phone's display lit up, hoping Taehyung would have called, to only get disappointed to see that it was Jimin and not Taehyung. Jimin was being tracked as instructed by Jungkook by the officials he was in contact with. But he didn't expect Jimin to call him up himself.

He picked up his call ready for a snide remark from Jimin but instead..

"You think I am scared of you? Funny !.... I ain't scared of you or your empty threats asshole. You can't frame me because it will be Your boyfriend who would get framed for conning. It's Your boyfriend who would be interrogated, not me. If I'm a con man then your baby is no special. He ain't slick. He thinks he can trick me but that bitch can't fool me. Good luck with your plans Mr. Jeon, byeeeeeeee." And the line went dead after an obnoxious laugh on the other line. He knew Taehyung from inside. He very well knows his soul which is pure with kindness, warmth, care, LOVE. How dare Jimin even blame Taehyung for this? It was clear that Jimin  only wanted to implicate Taehyung in his wrongdoings.

A call interrupted his train of thoughts. It was Namjoon, his friend in the police department. He might have tracked the call that he received. Without much delay and to put an end to his confusion, he picked up the call and scurriesd away from the people on the dance floor to his way out of the club.

He picked up the call frantically, the instinct of getting an useful information from his friend was strong.

"Jungkook, are you sure the number is from Daegu?" This question didn't help his already confused state much.

"Yes. It's Jimin from Daegu. He is a dancer. Why... what information you got?"

"Jungkook, the call wasn't from Daegu and I checked the history of calls from this number. It's not from Daegu, it's from Seoul. Are you really sure this is the number?" The officer seemed to be confused himself.

"Yes he just called me up and challenged me that  I can't frame him because Taehyung will get framed before him. It has to be Jimin."

"Uh... Jungkook it's not Jimin. The number belongs to a person called Yugyeom. He lives in Seoul. He is in contact with Taehyung for months now. He is been calling this guy not Jimin. "
Jungkook stood stunned upon hearing the information. Raking fingers through his hair, he was confused as hell. He just couldn't understand what the situation was. If he wasn't Jimin then why did Taehyung contacted an unknown person for months. The possibility could be that Yugyeom was an imposter, pretended to be Jimin and loot Taehyung. He might have convinced Taehyung to believe him that he was Jimin. He might have got scared when Jungkook threatened him so he turned the tables against Taehyung to escape. In this way Jungkook would get distracted from him and he could be saved. But if this was Yugyeom and not Jimin then where was the real one? There were only two ways to get to the situation right now- either confront Taehyung about it or nab Jimin or Yugyeom whoever he was. Nabbing the person comparatively seemed to be a better option for Jungkook.

-x-x-x-x-x-

Namjoon picked Jungkook from the club as soon as Jungkook told him the possible scenario. All the whiskey drained from his body from the confusion, he just needed to find this guy and bring him to Taehyung. So at last Taehyung believed him.

They both entered a lowlife club in the 
Run-down part of the city, according to the last location of the imposter they found. It was Midnight but there were still people loitering near the club area. As they entered the club, the musky
air engulfed them. Cheap red torn leather couches at the corners of the club, yellow light glimmering from the ceiling making both nauseous but they have to look for the imposter right now.

Namjoon sat on the stool waving at the bartender for a drink. Meanwhile, Jungkook eyed the whole club as if he may find the imposter when he never ever met him.

"Seems new to the club sir." The bartender enquired suspiciously because no well dressed person visited to the club like this.

"Yeah , actually I wanted to see a person, you might be knowing him."

Jungkook on the other side was busy listening to a conversation beside him. Two drunk rogue seemed to be  talking something about threat which caught Jungkook's attention.

"Don't worry he won't get my ass. He don't even know my name." A tall young man in his early 20s slurred.

"Yugyeom don't you think you are too confident....."

As soon as Jungkook heard the name it took him no time to turn around and grab the man's collar harshly. Yanking him forcefully on the table, Jungkook yelled at him " I finally got you bastard. You been fooling Taehyung for a long time now. Lemme tell you whom you messed up with." Rolling his sleeves up and rage taking him in, finally he will have his answers.