Chapter 18

Taehyung rushed into the cafeteria. He was already late today because Jungkook didn't wake him up. Jungkook had to go to the office early because his father was on his monthly inspection. Even if Jungkook was on a reputed position in his office, he was still working under his father. FATHER - It was always bitter to address him as his father because he never behaved like one. Their relationship was only limited to papers and documents. But Jungkook thought it was better that way.

"Two Americano please." Taehyung supported himself by the counter. Gasping, he didn't see the person taking his order.

"Taetae?" Taehyung snapped his head at the voice. He was the same person who took their order yesterday. Taehyung was stuck because only one person called him Taetae and it was his best friend Jimin.

"How.....do you ..know my n..name? How you k...know my nickname?" Taehyung was flabbergasted, worried that how already the situations were messed up . He didn't know where Jimin was, why he changed his number? Why wasn't he contacting him?

"Tae it's me Jimin. You don't recognize me?" The man asked sadly. He thought Taehyung would recognize him even when he left him.

"NO ..... you are not my Jimin. I'm not a fool. Don't think I'll be tricked again." And Taehyung ran away panicking, leaving his order on the counter itself. He got to the floor somehow gasping as if the man was still following him. He didn't know what was happening, why would a random man know his nickname. Why would people know about his personal life? This time he didn't even spill his private life to anyone. He already felt like the imposter case was all his fault, it was all his stupidity. And now a random cafeteria guy coming up and telling him that he is Jimin was taking things on another level. It was getting Taehyung crazy. It was like someone was playing games with him - someone wanted Taehyung to loose his mind.

He went straight to Jungkook's cabin, not thinking much about the meeting going on inside. As he burst into the conference room, people snapped their attention towards him. Jungkook's dad scowled at Jungkook for the disturbance and the indiscipline his employee portrayed. But Jungkook wasn't paying attention to his dad but to Taehyung. Taehyung sweating and gasping ran into Jungkook not even giving him a moment to stand up from his place.

"I didn't do anything this time kook....I didn't say a....anything about myself to a....anyone this time." Taehyung said gasping on to his shoulder, arms wrapped tightly around his neck. Jungkook could feel his rapid heart beats thumping, breathing uneven and hairs slightly wet by sweat. To say he was confused would be an understatement. He was utterly confused and worried about his state.

"Shhhh....baby breathe ...calm down...tell me what happened. Why you came running?" He asked urging Taehyung to look at him, hands cupping his cheeks gently.

"I didn't say my name to a.. anyone. That p..person knows my nickname that Jimin used to call me. I'm s..scared, I think I'll go crazy." Taehyung gulped hard, throat dry from gasping loud.

"Calm down we'll look into this matter afterwards. Just calm down Tae"." Jungkook said, palms still on Taehyung's cheeks drawing circles gently, concern painted all over his face.

Taehyung nodded, clearly hesistant. They both excused themselves from the conference room. Jungkook took him directly to his cabin, making him sit on his couch. He stood on his knees in front of him, making him drink water and wiping his chin with his sleeves.

"The man in the cafeteria knows my name. That guy who placed our order late yesterday. He knows my nickname that Jimin used to call me. I don't know where  Jimin is, kookie. I don't know why he changed his number. If he wasn't the one I was talking to all these days then I don't know why he didn't contact me. Kook I don't know that man down. I think something is wrong." He said frantically in one breathe.

" I'll figure it out for you, okay? Don't worry about it we'll find out where Jimin is. You don't have to stress about it. First look at you, you look so weak. Don't work for the day, lay down here. We'll go home once I'm done with my meeting, okay?" Jungkook kissed gingerly on his forehead and then to his lips. He was himself stressed upon the matter but he couldn't let it show on his face. He couldn't panic because right now Taehyung wants him by his side - strong and supporting. He has to be clear headed to think on it.

When Jungkook returned from his meeting which proceeded to his Dad nagging him, Taehyung was deep asleep in his couch.   He slept upside down, one hand off from the couch and hanging in the air, cheeks squished with a soft snore leaving his mouth. He always slept adorably and Jungkook could never get enough of it. He slept after a hectic day so he decided not to disturb him for a while. Until then he can go down to the cafeteria and ask for that person. The time he thought that the matter was settled, it only got dragged more.

It was like chain of events unlocking one after another. He doesn't know what the person was up to. If he knew about things that only Jimin knew, the matter could be serious because Jimin was nowhere to be found. The person could be Yugyeom's Ally trying to persuade Taehyung or harm him now that he is in jail. He can't risk it all. He has to take actions as soon as possible.

Jungkook took a last glance at Taehyung's  sleeping figure and hurried down at the cafeteria. People were already heading back from the office and the cafeteria was about to shut down. Jungkook eyed the cafeteria once he entered, eyes searching for the man they encountered yesterday. It was easy for him to memorize the face because he was really pissed off by the staff yesterday.

He finally saw the man coming out from the changing room at the end of the alley-way of the cafeteria. As soon as the man neared the hall, Jungkook didn't spare him a second to react as he grabbed his collar and yanked him to the nearest wall.

"How do you know Taehyung? How do you know about him? Whom do you work for? TELL ME or else you'll have to face worst consequences."

"Woah woah wait up. Lemme explain. I'll tell you everything ."

Jungkook stood patiently tapping his boot on the floor.

"I'm Jimin."

Note: Do vote and share💜🐻

Kill me kill me softly - badbye by RM (Mono)