Chapter 4

Taehyung was seated at his desk, staring into space again. This time his mind wasn't blank - it was storming inside. He was going out for a coffee date. A date - His first date. He only went out with Jimin. Jimin, who contacted him only on Sundays because he was busy with his dance class. Sundays were good for Taehyung. It was the day to chitchat with his friend about anything in the world and remain in an enclosed suffocating chamber called -apartment.

Taehyung just sighed. He thought this might not be a date. It's just a casual hangout session that's it. It's like the one he used to have with Jimin. But Jungkook wasn't Jimin. Jungkook wasn't his best friend. Jungkook was his boss for God's sake.

He walked up to the cafe in his usual formal attire - feeling nervous. Jungkook was seated on the table near the window of the cafeteria, looking at the hustle and bustle of the street - everyone in their formals walking up home.

Taehyung sighed for the hundredth time that day. He walked up to the table and sat on the chair opposite to Jungkook. Jungkook turned his head towards him when he arrived, glad to see Taehyung. Glad that he came. He gave him a warm smile, eyes glinting in pure happiness.

"I thought you won't come."

"I had no choice. You are my boss after all, I had to listen to you" Taehyung said timidly, staring down fidgeting with his fingers.

"Mr. Kim. Never look down when I'm talking to you" Jungkook said, more like a request. He didn't like Taehyung not looking at him, he didn't want Taehyung to act the same, like other's.

Taehyung dazed at him - clearly confused by his weird request.

"Do you .....do I intimidate you...I mean am I scaring you?" He asked, a bit eager.

Taehyung just shook his head a bit . Taken aback by his question.

"I'm sorry .... I was just .......you seem to be nervous all the time when I'm around."
He said sheepishly, hand rubbing his nape with a slight relieved smile on his face.

"I am not scared... I just..... I'm not scared of you....it's just new for me.....to have  coffee with my boss." He said fumbling with his words.

Jungkook sniggered making Taehyung think that why does Jungkook smile and laugh so often with him?

"I know it's weird to have a coffee with your boss. But I'm almost of your age . We can talk like any other people of their age do. We can be friends right?!" Last statement was more like a question.

Jungkook was hesitant to address him about his loneliness and how he wanted to help him because he didn't want to be an intruder in his life but at the same time he wanted to help him . Help him by spending time with him. Help him by listening to him.

"Friends?" Taehyung looked at him with an expression unreadable.

"Yes I would love to be your friend." Jungkook said with determination.

Taehyung visibly gulped. Staring hard at Jungkook to see if he was actually serious. Nobody asked Taehyung before to be his friend. Jimin was the only one to ask him when they were four.

"Trust me I can be a good friend" he said with a pleased smile.

"I...are you sure?" Taehyung asked, his eyes blinking slowly