2.1 - Battles. Preparation & Coaching (kind of)

Cameras, cameras, cameras. Cameras everywhere. They accompany us as we walk out of our "home", and I keep noticing them every now and then in the studio. I should somehow get used to it.

They gave us only two days to move in our rooms in the studio, so my girls and I had to rush back home as soon as the shooting was over. I didn't even have much time to pack my things, I just threw some random clothes in two bags. And the day I arrived back in Paris was the last day of peace.

Today is our first official day as cast of The Voice.

The whole Team Garou is collected in a small room, and we already know why - distribution before the Battles. I find Flori and sit next to her. We're discussing our rooms and Imagine Dragons' new album, when M. Garand comes in, and we meet him with harmonious "Salut"! Rehearsed this all morning. Garou is genuinely surprised and smiles all the time remaining. Stress from cameras and expectations instantly fades. Smile sometimes works wonders.

- Hi guys, - he says, sitting on a chair in front of us, - So, the Battles. I think everyone knows the rules, so let's skip to the main part. The first performance - it's Flori ...

She just nods.

- And ... - Garou pauses, as expected, - Alice.

Flo and I look at each other in surprise.

Hell, we're almost friends, why?...

- The song you sing, - continues Garou, - Enemies by Shinedown.

I didn't know this song and even this band. But turning to Flo, I see that her jaw dropped. She knows what's going on.

- What? - I whisper.

- Just listen to this song, - she replies, - You'll understand.

"These are two young musicians who can turn any song into their own. They were made for each other! Song may not be very well known, but they can do this Battle truly exciting." - will comment on his choice Garou later in the show.

- I don't know if you have heard it or not, but it would be cool, I'm sure, - he tells us with a smile.

He names other six battles, each quite different. They will be simple but interesting, and for sure - his music instinct can be trusted.

Recording of the show is next Tuesday, rehearsal - on Monday, our lesson with Flori and Garou is appointed on Saturday. Tomorrow ...

So little time.

I spend the day reading about the new season of the show. The greatest excitement is around the participation of Mika and two of my new friends - Emily and Lucas, the first of which is the finalist of last X Factor, and the second - the star of musicals, as expected. Oh, and he did play Gringoire - in high school.

- Prepare your instagram and twitter for flood of fans, - says Emily, sitting across the room with a laptop, - The first broadcast of auditions will be this Saturday.

- I don't have an instagram. And I was one of the last, - I reply, - So I'll have to wait several weeks, I guess.

- Not sure about that, - suddenly says Gaspard. He has been silent all this time, hiding in his empty wardrobe with a laptop, something that looks like a little keyboard and headphones, - They can edit it in a different way. Why, do you think, coaches wear the same suit the whole audition week?

- They were very careful, - Emily replies, - Garou, Alice said, chose her in the last seconds. Most likely, it will get to the end.

Gas shrugs and keeps silence. I hear bursts of electronic chords from his headphones.