2.3 - Battles. Performance. Part 1

- ... Flori Legrand!

I hear applause from the half-opened door. I wipe sweaty hands on my black shorts and dance to let out some tension. I've chosen something rock-ish and brutal-ish from clothes that we were given. So, besides my "make-up armor" I have a black jacket with little glamourous spikes, black t-shirt and heavy boots. I even had black gloves, but I put them off because, well, sweaty hands. Flori said I look like a biker, or, at least, a biker's girlfriend, so I'm completely content. I thought I would feel more battly like this, and, well, it kinda works!

10 seconds later Nikos' voice speaks again:

- ... Mademoiselle Alice Fontaine!

I walk through the door and get up on the stage, or, you could say, ring. It's good that I haven't broken anything yet, because my karma must have something prepared for me.

I take my place by Nikos. Hot spotlights again, I should get used to them. Flori gives me a little assuring wink, though I see that her knees are shaking. Well, this battle is everything for her, she must be scared even more than me.

- The Battle begins! - exclaims the host and leaves us.

- Let's play, - I hear Flori whispering, as she shrugs away her worry and stands in front of me.

We seriously shake hands, hardly holding back the laughter, then turn around and walk to the edges of the ring. I hear first chords of the song and dance Freddie Mercury-style, trying to look sassy. I feel that once I forget myself in the performance, I will stop worrying. I hope I will.

On the last chords we turn around and I sing the first verse, slowly approaching Flo:

Listen up, there's not a moment to spare

It's quite a drop

From the top so how you feeling down there?

It's a cold cruel, harsh reality

Caught stuck here with your enemies

Flori starts her part with an amazing, chainsaw-like scream:

Who do you think you are,

Tearing us all apart?

I reply angrily, with threat:

Where did you think you could go?

'Cause everyone already knows,

It's 20 to 1

Yeah, so you better run!

Flo joins me in the chorus, as we walk in circles, looking in each other's eyes:

You got the world on its knees

You're taking all that you please

You want more (I repeat it after Flori in a loud scream)

You want more

But you'll get nothing from me

You're like the burden we bear

You're all the hate that we share

You want more

(You want more!)

But you'll get nothing from me

Enemies

So far so good. We haven't stumbled or messed up yet.