Chapter twelve

"Can I have a minute alone?" Toni asked the real estate agent.

She nodded, "I'll be in the hallway." She told Toni before she walked out.

Toni slipped her hands into her pockets looking around Kenny's old apartment. Everything was still the same way they left it the day they decided to make a run for it, except the fact that there was so much dust on everything.

×flashback
"We need to get out of this place." Toni said grabbing a whole bunch of his suitcases.

"What are you talking about?" Kenny asked watching how she threw a whole bunch of his clothes into all the suitcases.

"Ken! They're coming for you, for me. For both of us!" She shouted.
×end of flashback

Toni swallowed her saliva walking around the place. She bit her lip smiling once her eyes landed on the kitchen.

"I want you to be my girlfrie-"

"We were so close to making us official." Toni shook her head inhaling a deep breathe before she exhaled.

She scanned the kitchen before heading for the bedroom. She pushed the door open and slightly coughed at the fact that dust scattered all over. She walked in and noticed the suitcases laid out on the floor with some of his clothes still laying around. She tried her very best not to cry. She looked around realising how she had to let go, she needed to stop holding onto something that was gone forever. Her eyes soon landed on a cream white velvet box above his cupboard, she squinted her eyes grabbing the chair moving it over to the cupboard before she got onto it and took a hold of the box. There was also a note attached to it. She got off the chair and opened the note.

"Dear Toni, the things I do for a living is very dangerous and I honestly felt like I was dragging you into a lifestyle you weren't ready for. Finding out that you were an FBI agent and I was just another one of your assignments really broke my heart and to be fair my heart doesn't even break that easily, I than knew at that very moment that I loved you... I was willing to sacrifice everything for you. If you ever get to read this small note that probably means I didn't make it to the part where I ask you to be my forever, my wife. Just remember that even if I'm not physically with you my presence will always be with you, I chose the shape of an eye because ever since you walked into the club I've only had eyes for you - Ken."

She popped the box open and broke out in tears. She smacked her lips together and wiped away her tears as she scanned the ring inside.

 She smacked her lips together and wiped away her tears as she scanned the ring inside

"You never seem to stop amazing me, even in death. He's romantic after all." Toni chuckled wiping away the rest of her tears.

She slipped the box into her pockets before she walked out, taking one last look at the place before she walked out.

"Have you decided what you want to do with the place ms Braxton?"

Toni nodded her head, "I think I'm gonna keep it a little longer. There's a lot of things I haven't gone through yet." Toni said.

The real estate lady smiled nodding her head.
____________________________

Gail set the grocery bags down on her kitchen counter along with her keys before she realised the back door's lock was forced open.

"Ashton-"

Toni placed her hand over her mouth, pressing her gun into her back.

"When I remove my hand you're not gonna scream or do anything... have I made myself clear?" Toni asked.

Gail nodded before Toni let go of her.

"Where's my son?" Gail spat. "He's fine, I put him too bed before I tied your useless nanny up and left her in the garage." Toni stated.

Gail spun around and raised her hands up. Toni's eyes widened at Gail's small bump.

"Oh my god Gail!" Toni shouted in annoyance, "seriously? Now how am I suppose to kill you?" Toni threw her hands up in surrender shaking her head.

"Why are you doing this?" Gail asked.

"Because I'm angry and nothing makes me feel good, except one thing though. The only thing that keeps me alive and strong-"

"Your daughter." Gail said.

Toni straightened her face, "leave my daughter out of this! How did you even find out about her?" Toni spat.

Gail sighed, "Owen told me and Omar that he's been keeping tabs on you for the past 6 years." Gail said.

Toni shook her head.

"I can help you." Gail said, "I want to help you. I can't imagine my life or my kids life without Evan by our side. It had to be hard for you Toni-"

"It's still hard for me!" Toni yelled pointing her gun towards Gail.

Gail immediately cringed.

"I won't shoot you Gail. I have a heart, I'm a mother too." Toni spat furiously.

"Let me help you get revenge. Let me lead you into the right direction." Gail pleaded.

"Why would you want to help me?" Toni raised her eyebrows skeptically.

"Because you were my best friend and only friend." Gail sighed frowning.

"How do I know I can trust you?" Toni questioned sucking her teeth.

"Because I'm willing to give you all the information I have on both Owen and Omar and because I'm a mother and a wife." Gail stated.

"Sit." Toni sternly said pointing towards the sofa.