Chapter one

"Your mom's really pretty." Lexi told Kennedy as they walked ahead of Toni and Sean who had a light conversation behind them.

"You didn't have to walk me and Kennedy all the way home, you really could've just left us at the corner." Toni chuckled tucking a stand of her hair behind her ear.

"I wanted to make sure you guys got home safely." Sean smiled studying her, "the sun hasn't set yet you do know that right?" Toni laughed lightly stating the obvious.

Sean smiled, "you're beautiful." He said randomly.

"Thank you." Toni straightened her facial expression before stopping in her tracks. "This is my stop." Toni said changing the topic.

Sean looked up and nodded his head.

"I was actually hoping we would never reach your place

"I was actually hoping we would never reach your place." Sean frowned facing her as she turned to face him.

"All good things must come to an end and shouldn't you be getting home to your wife mr?" Toni raised her eyebrows.

"I'm divorced." Sean said nonchalantly.

Toni frowned, "I should've known..." Toni trailed off.

"You really should have especially since I've been flirting the entire time and you just pay everything dust." Sean shook his head laughing lightly at the fact that she completely ignored all his pickup lines.

Toni placed her hand over her eyes looking down at his shoes before she looked back up.

"Just ask her out already." Kennedy and Lexi said in unison.

Toni spun around and faced the two sucking her teeth at them. Sean quickly gave the two a thumbs up winking at them.

"Since it is what the girls want," Sean began as Toni turned to face him. "But in all honesty, I'd really love to take you out on a date." Sean said slipping his hands into his pockets.

Toni straightened her face thinking it over. She still loved Kenny with every part of her but maybe it was time she went out, Kenny would be happy if she found love again... wouldn't he?

"Hello. Is Toni still there?" Sean chuckled leaning in snapping her out of her thoughts.

"May I take you out on a date tomorrow night?" Sean asked.

"I don't know, may you?" Toni raised her eyebrows skeptically.

Sean frowned causing her to immediately laugh.

"I'm just playing with you, of course you may." Toni smiled lightly. "But I've only just met you, you could be a serial killer for all I know." Toni said nonchalantly.

"I guess you'll find out tomorrow night." Sean grinned happily. "Take my number." He said pulling his business card out of his pocket.

Toni took the card just as Lexi approached the two of them. Toni scanned the card noticing that he owned a car dealership not to far from here.

"I'll text you." Toni shrugged waving the card up. "See you around." He said taking Lexi's hand into his.

"Bye Kennedy! Bye ms Toni!" Lexi smiled.

"I'll pick you up at 8, and wear something nice." He said causing her to frown and look down at the outfit she had been wearing.

He chuckled before him and Lexi walked off.

"Mommy's got a boyfriend!" Kennedy sang causing Toni to roll her eyes.

"No I don't!" Toni replied as the two walked up the driveway towards the stairway at the entrance.

"Dad's gonna be so jealous." Kennedy chuckled as Toni pulled Kennedy against her.

"He better not be." Toni smiled down at Kennedy, "it's way best your bathtime." Toni said reading the time on her wrist watch.
_________________________

Toni set the storybook she had read to Kennedy down on the nightstand before fixing the covers.

"Goodnight princess." Toni smiled leaning in placing a kiss to Kennedy's forehead.

"I love you so much." Toni said pinching her nose causing Kennedy to giggle.

"Goodnight ma." She laughed, "I love you to." She added as Toni nodded.

Toni turned on her bedside lamp and got up, Kennedy shut her eyes turning to her side snuggling into her stuffed unicorn. Toni turned around freezing in the doorframe looking at Kennedy. Her and Kenny truly created the most wonderful little human ever, she smiled before slightly closing the door and cutting the light.

"Who was the young man that walked you home?"

"Jesus mom! You scared me." Toni gasped placing her hand over her chest turning around to be met by her mother's presence.

"His name is Sean and his daughter Lexi just so happened to become friends with Kennedy today." Toni simply said walking down the stairs with her mother Samantha hot on her tail.

"You're not telling me everything." Samantha frowned.

"There isn't anything else to tell you." Toni shrugged nonchalantly.

"Sure." Samantha rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to need you to babysit your granddaughter tomorrow tonight because-"

"You're going after the guys that killed Kenny." Samantha finished her sentence for her.

"No actually. I have a date." Toni smiled.

"It's the man from earlier isn't it." Samantha grinned pushing at Toni's shoulders.

"Yes mom it is." Toni playfully rolled her eyes before smiling at her mother.

"I'm so happy for you, it's about time. You know what it's gonna be okay if he gets to have it on the first date-"

"I am not having sex on the first date mom!" Toni scolded.

"It's okay, you're a grown woman and you've been hurting-"

"Mom that's enough now!" Toni's eyes widened in embarrassment.

"What? Am I lying?" Samantha arched her brow. "I'm not gonna answer that." Toni shook her head before walking away.

Toni went into the basement turning on the light as the pictures she had of Owen, Omar, Michael, Gail, Carla and Lydia were plastered on the white board in the center. Toni took a deep breathe grabbing the red marker off the table in front of the board. She walked up to the board and crossed out Lydia's picture before drawing an arrow towards Michael's picture.

"You're next you son of a bitch." Toni said circling his picture already planning how he was going to die.