Chapter twenty two

Kenny came to a stop in front of Toni's place. He cut his engine off and turned resting his back against the window to face her.

"You okay?" He asked placing his hand down on her thigh.

She looked from his hand up at him.

"Yeah... I just can't stop thinking about Sean." She confessed.

He raised his eyebrows.

"Not in that way- I just mean like, maybe he was really hurt and we should've taken him to the hospital. I don't want him to die..." She trailed off.

"You really care for this nigga." Kenny stated.

"Yes Ken I do. He means a lot to me, although we never connected emotionally. We were connected physically." She said watching how he rolled his eyes looking out the windscreen.

"But I love you." She said placing her hand down on his cheek, "you are my life." She admitted caressing it.

"I love you too." He said back.

"Come on." She said opening the car door, he raised his eyebrows in confusion. "I want you to meet your daughter." She chuckled at his facial expression.

"Are you being foreal? Right now?" He arched his brow.

"Yes." She smiled getting out, "come." She scolded.

He immediately got out locking the car as she grabbed his hand leading him up the driveway towards the front door.

"Wait. Just stay here, I'll bring them out." She stated resting her hands against his chest. "I don't know how she'll take this..." She trailed off chewing her gum.

He nodded, she pecked his lips before she went inside.

"Mom!" She called out, "Kennedy!"

"We're in here!" Her mother shouted from the kitchen.

She took a deep breathe before she walked into the kitchen, she smiled once she saw Kennedy stirring the ingredients that were in the bowl on the counter.

"Look mommy we're gonna make waffles." She grinned tilting the bowl a little to showcase what was inside.

"Delicious." Toni grinned, "what's up honey?" Samantha raised her eyebrows curiously.

Toni let down her shoulders biting her lip nervously.

"I want you to meet someone Kennedy." Toni blurted out.

Kennedy and Samantha immediately looked up at her in anticipation.

"Is it who I think it is?" Samantha asked.

Toni slowly nodded her head causing Samantha's eyes to widen.

"Who is it mommy?" Kennedy asked curiously.

"Come here." Toni waved towards herself, Kennedy placed the whisk down stepping down from the stepladder walking up to Toni.

"I'm gonna take out the trash." Samantha stated.

Toni kneeled down to her level taking Kennedy's hands into her own.

"Look baby, I only want the best for you and this person is the best for you okay. He's gonna love you with all his heart and always protect you okay." Toni spoke.

Kennedy frowned, "why do you say it like that?" She pulled her face in confusion.

"Because this might be a little confusing to you. Remember when I-"

"When did we install red and black cables?" Samantha asked.

Toni pulled her face in confusion looking up at what Samantha was refering to.

"You placed a wire at the back door?" Samantha questioned.

Toni got up and looked towards what her mother was referring to.

"No..." She trailed off pulling her face in confusion.

A timmer began to go off as Toni's eyes immediately widened as she quickly grabbed Kennedy's body.

"Mom get out!" Toni yelled smashing her body through the nearest window just as a bomb went off causing the whole house to go up in flames.