Chapter five

"I'm gonna name you Sirbarksalot." Kennedy grinned as she and Lexi patted the dog.

"That is the worst name ever!" Toni laughed.

"Whatever mom!" Kennedy laughed. "Where did you buy this lamp from, it's really nice?" Samantha arched her brow setting the lamp up next to the sofa.

Toni simply shrugged, "I got it from a friend. Said they didn't want it anymore." Toni nonchalantly said before she snapped a picture of Kennedy and Lexi with their new dog.

"Thank you so much for the dog mommy." Kennedy grinned hugging Sirbarksalot.

The doorbell rang causing Toni to place her phone down on the table and get up.

"I'll get it." Toni said heading to the door.

She opened it up and there was Sean.

"Hey you're here!" He excitedly said.

Toni smiled, "yeah I had a slight problem to attend to." Toni lied.

"What kind of problem? Is everything okay?" He asked worriedly. "Yeah, everythings fine now." Toni smiled.

"I'm here to pick Lexi up."

"Yes of course. Come in." Toni moved to the side allowing him to walk in.

Sean looked around taking in the home in front of him, everything was modern and expensive.

"Nice place." He said pulling his face in awe. "Thank you, my mom did the decorations and shopping." Toni chuckled leading him towards the girls in the living room.

"Mom. This is Sean-"

"I know. We met earlier." Samantha smiled looking at the two as she dusted the lamp off.

"Nice vase." Sean said refering to the rainbow colored vase on the coffee table. "Thank you." Toni smiled, "a friend of mine gave it to me."

"Daddy!" Lexi squealed as she and Kennedy stood up.

She ran up to him and hugged him, Sean picked her up as Kennedy came and stood next to Toni wrapping her arms around Toni's waist and her head against her hip. Toni placed her hand down on Kennedy's back.

"It must be nice having a dad." Kennedy said causing Toni to frown.

Sean noticed, "the best." Lexi smiled hugging Sean's neck.

"My dad died before I was born so I never got to meet him." Kennedy frowned dropping her head.

Toni took a deep breathe before kneeling down to Kennedy's level.

"Why don't we bake some cupcakes." Toni rubbed the side of Kennedy's arms.

Kennedy looked at her with her eyes lit up as she smiled at Toni nodding her head excitedly.

"Go get the ingredients ready, and I will be there shortly." Toni winked.

Kennedy ran into the kitchen as Toni got up fixing her shirt.

"I'm sorry about that." Toni said before she pointed towards the door, "let me walk y'all out." She said.

Once outside Sean placed Lexi down on her feet.

"Why don't you go wait in the car for me." He said to Lexi unlocking the car from where he was.

She nodded and ran towards his car that was parked in Toni's driveway.

"You didn't tell me you were a widow." Sean said causing Toni to fold her arms over her chest.

"Because I'm not." Toni said shaking her head.

Sean raised his eyebrows.

"Don't get me wrong now, me and Kennedy's dad were gonna get married. He said we were but than everything happened so fast..." Toni trailed off before she shrugged it off.

"Hey come here." He said pulling her into a warm embrace, "if you ever need anything... I'm here for you." Sean said placing a kiss to her forehead.

She looked up at him and smiled. He lifted her chin and gave her lips a sweet kiss before his cars horn startled them.

"That was disgusting!" Lexi shouted popping her head out of the sunroof.

Toni and Sean laughed.

"I apologize!" Toni said whilst chuckling. "See you Saturday." Sean smiled before he jogged down the stairs.

Toni went inside immediately hearing how Kennedy and her mother mumbled a few things to each other. She walked into the living room and squinted her eyes in confusion at the two.

"What?" Samantha asked.

"We were totally not spying on you and mr Sean kissing." Kennedy said causing Samantha to throw her hand over her face in embarrassment.

Toni laughed lightly.

"Oh so you guys were just doing normal stuff?" Toni raised her eyebrows at Kennedy.

"Oh yes!" Kennedy nodded rocking herself back and forth waving the thought off.

Toni shook her head.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Kennedy blurted out, she was a very curious kid.

"Those cupcakes aren't gonna make themselves, chop chop!" Toni clapped her hands causing Kennedy to run into the kitchen with Toni right behind her.