Chapter seventeen

"Great you're both still alive." Owen chuckled watching as Omar and Gail both took their seats.

"Don't get to ahead of yourself." Gail sternly said, "well I got something here for us to work with." Owen smiled handing Gail and Omar files.

"What is this?" Gail questioned before she opened up the file.

"This is impossible!" Omar's eyes widened in horror. "Where did you find this information from?" Gail panicked.

"We're FBI's and when you are on the wanted list, you will get caught. Kenny Edmonds, age 39 was seen nearby Exxon Mobil gas station on Thursday night. Apparently he goes by a new name Travis Jeffrey." Owen read out.

"This can't be..." Gail trailed off, "Toni probably doesn't know." She mumbled.

"What?" Owen faced her.

"Nothing." She shook her head.

"But how is this asshole still alive?" Omar hit his fist down onto the table in frustration, "I aimed for his heart. How- how... unless Toni helped him. The bitch once again chose Kenny-"

"Oh please not even if you were one of the options would she choose you." Gail said in annoyance before an argument between the two broke out.

"Hey! Stop it!" Owen scolded. "Omar could be right, Toni's smart. Very smart..." Owen trailed off in deep thought.
______________________________

"Mommy you're home!" Kennedy squealed running up to her.

Toni smiled picking her up.

"Oh my god you're so heavy." Toni groaned in a deep tone causing Kennedy to laugh.

"Where were you?" Kennedy asked curiously.

Toni's eyes widened just as Samantha came walking out of the kitchen. The two of them were still angry with one another.

"I was with Sean..." Toni lied before she smiled lightly, "you and Sean spend too much time together. You gotta stop now, it's so exasperating." Kennedy sighed with a small attitude causing Toni to pull her face at her choice of word.

"Someone learned a new word from school." Toni said holding back a chuckle.

"Agh mom you're so exasperating." Kennedy waved her off once Toni placed her down onto her feet. "I wanna go do shopping today, can we go shopping today mama?" Kennedy pouted.

"Sure." Toni nodded.

Kennedy grinned before she took off running. Toni chuckled shaking her head before she looked at her mother frowning.

"You're glowing." Samantha said, "are you in love- actually forget it. I've been looking up some places to stay so I'll be out of your business in no time." Samantha nonchalantly said before turning around.

"Mom. I'm sorry about that, I was just in my feelings. You can stay here as long as you want. I really didn't mean anything that I said." Toni frowned fiddling with her hands.

The doorbell rang, Toni turned around and walked up to it pulling it open and there was Sean. Her eyes immediately widened.