Chapter twenty

Monday afternoon

"What happened to you?" Toni raised her eyebrows once she opened her door for Sean to walk in.

"I got into a fight." He sighed.

He held an ice pack against his lip. He walked in closing the door behind him.

"With who?" She questioned curiously, "Travis." He spat in annoyance.

Toni's eyes immediately widened.

"What for?" Toni asked barely above a whisper, "you." Sean shook his head.

He sat down at the dinning table.

"Let me see..." She said.

He removed the ice pack showcasing the huge bump plastered on his lip. Her eyes widened as she smacked her lips together.

"That's one hell of a punch." Toni groaned, "its nothing compared to what I did to him..." He spat causing her to gulp.

"Why would y'all fight over me?" Toni asked in confusion, "I thought you guys were best friends." She added.

"We were until you started acting all weird with me right after you met him. Ever since than you've been all distant with me, you don't reply to my texts the way you used to, you don't answer my calls. I'm starting to think that you're-" He cut himself off shaking the thought off.

"What?" She raised her eyebrows backing away from him. "Cheating on you?"

"Hey you said it not me." He raised his hands up in surrender shrugging nonchalantly.

"I'm not cheating on you..." She trailed off once he got up walking towards her, "good. Because if you were I'd go insane." He said in a deep tone.

She frowned remembering what Bianca said yesterday at Starbucks to her.

"Toni, I love you." He confessed.

"You do?" She questioned hoping it wasn't true, he nodded. "But that's not the answer I wanted from you..." He trailed off taking her hand into his.

She swallowed her saliva.

"I. Love you too." She smiled weakly at him, he smiled back pecking her lips.

"Is your mom and daughter here?" He smirked pulling her into him, "yes." She hissed through gritted teeth.

"Where are they?" He arched his brow at her, "upstairs." She lied.

"They're napping." She lied again, "well dang!" He sighed as she quickly pulled away from him.

"We can always head to my place to you know-"

"Not- not today, I'm a little worn out." She pushed out a fake yawn, he stared at her before he nodded. "Okay. I love you, and I'll see you tomorrow." He pecked her lips again before he walked out.

She immediately wiped his scent from her lips and gritted her teeth in annoyance. She had to end things between them... and soon.
___________________________

Scot walked up to Omar handing him a few documents.

"What are these?" Omar raised his eyebrows in confusion staring down at the documents.

"The information you asked me for. You told me to research Toni Michelle Braxton and I did." Scot nonchalantly said before he took a bite from his apple.

"Thank you." Omar immediately replied patting his shoulder.

He walked up to Owen's office and knocked a couple times before he recieved confirmation to go inside. He walked in and took a seat right opposite his dad that set his phone down on the table and looked up at him.

"What brings you by son?" Owen looked on with narrowed eyes.

"I got some information on Toni. Mind going over these with me?" Omar arched his brow holding the documents up.

Owen's eyes widened as he reached out for them.
______________________________

"Kenny Edmonds." Sean typed into the search button.

A couple 'Kenny Edmonds' popped up as he began to scroll through each one's information. He chewed his lip before he sighed, if only he had a second name he would've had a much better lead. He smiled before he typed in 'FBI Kenny Edmonds'. Immediately Kenny's information popped up.

"On the run criminal for more than 11 years." He read, scrolling down a little bit more as he picked up his mug that sat beside him on the desk, "died 6 years ago in the arms of ex-FBI agent Toni Braxton." He continued taking a sip from his coffee.

He's eyes widened as he almost choked on his coffee at the picture of Kenny.

"Travis?!"