Chapter fourteen

"You okay? You've been quiet the entire ride..." Sean said once the car came to a stop.

He cut his engine off as they stood in front of her house, she was still in a daze from earlier on.

"Is it Travis? Because I could talk to him if he makes you feel uncomfortable-"

"No." She shook her head swallowing her saliva before she turned to face him, "goodnight." She simply said.

He frowned, "goodnight..." He trailed off.

He leaned in for a kiss and she immediately turned her face to the side, he squinted his eyes at her in disbelief before he pecked her cheek.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked watching her reach for the handle.

She remained silent shaking her head as she opened the door and got out. She couldn't believe it... it was Kenny, but didn't he die?

"But he died in my arms..." She spoke to herself as she walked up the driveway.

"Can I at least walk you to your door?" Sean raised his eyebrows skeptically.

She turned around and shook her head.

"That's okay. Go home Sean, Lexi's waiting on you." She smiled lightly.

He stared at her for awhile before he nodded getting back into his car. She watched him drive off but her mind was far away from that. She took a deep breathe and turned around almost jumping out of her skin.

"Let me explain..." Kenny said as her eyes widened whilst she scanned him from head to toe.

"Am I dead? Because that would explain a lot." She said freaking out as she backed away from him.

"No. You're perfectly fine." He chuckled, "Ken?" She softly said.

"Yeah..." He said back. "But- earlier you-you- you didn't recognize me-"

"I couldn't let Sean know we knew each other. Listen, we can talk about this okay. But no one can know that I'm still alive." Kenny stated looking around.

"You asshole!" She scolded throwing punches his way as she began to cry, "you're such a jerk!" She loudly said.

He grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes, they were watering. She couldn't control the emotions that were sent through her body.

"You've been alive this whole time!" She shouted in frustration trying to get out of his grip.

He pulled her into a hug, she fought him for awhile before she wrapped her arms around him and sobbed into his chest.

"You're alive..." She sighed taking in his scent, he still used that same perfume. "Dang, you missed me that much." He chuckled before placing a kiss down on her forehead.

She sniffed pulling back as he wiped away her tears.

"I'm sorry..." He dropped his head.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." She said still recovering from everything.

"I know." He simply stated. "But first we gotta talk about how you let someone else into my vagina?" He shook his head in disappointment.

She straightened her face, thinking of the perfect response.

"You've been fake dead for six years and not once did you even try to checkup on me and now you wanna ask me some shit like that-"

"Okay okay!" His eyes widened, "you've become extremely vulgar since my 'death', it's sexy." He smirked pulling her into him but she quickly backed away.

"I have a boyfriend." She sternly said folding her arms over her chest.

He snapped his head back taking a better view at her.

"Sean ain't no goddamn boyfriend-"

"Yes he is and I really like him." Toni stated in a very serious tone.

Kenny straightened his face and nodded his head slowly.

"Gotcha." He lowly said walking past her, "you be happy with your boyfriend." He groaned slipping his hands into his pockets.

"Wait come back." She sighed turning around grabbing his hand pulling him back, "I said I like him. I didn't say I love him." She frowned pouting.

He ran his hand down his face.

"I can't blame you, I haven't been around for six years." He shook his head, "you're a freak so I can't really blame you for getting some." He shrugged nonchalantly.

Her mouth fell open, "I am not that bad." She groaned through gritted teeth pushing his shoulder.

He chuckled before straightening his face.

"Toni I still love you."

She remained silent before her eyes watered again, "that's the third time you say that to me." She cried wiping away her tears.

"I love you too." She said before she wrapped her arms around his body placing her head down on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

They held onto one another tightly, who would've thought this moment would come again. Who knew Kenny wasn't dead?

"But on some serious shit we really need to talk." Kenny said grabbing her hand.

She nodded.