Chapter twenty three

1 week later

"Whoever did this wants to see you like this. Don't give them the satisfaction Toni." Gail sternly said.

Toni stared at her as if she had grown two heads.

"My moms in a damn comma fighting for her life, my daughter's still recovering and K-" Toni cut herself off shaking her head.

She hadn't heard from Kenny in a week, was he even alright? What happened to him? So many things went through her mind.

"I just need you to go down to the station and provide a statem-"

"A statement for what? How is that going to help me with anything?" Toni raised her voice in frustration. "Don't you get it, Owen and Omar are the ones behind this. They will pay for this. They dragged my daughter and mother into this, and no one messes with my family." Toni spat angrily.

Gail swallowed her saliva looking around before her eyes landed on two officers.

"I have to go." Gail whispered before she slipped away.

Toni pulled her face in confusion before she looked behind her. She immediately looked away staring at the wall ahead of her, and just than her phone vibrated. She looked down and realized an unsaved number sent her a text. She grabbed her phone and quickly got up calmly slipping away from the cafeteria. Once out of the police sight she walked into Kennedy's hospital room and let out a sigh. Her phone vibrated again and she decided to check who the hell it was that kept sending me texts: Come outside, she read. She looked confused, she looked at Kennedy and caressed her cheek before she walked out.
_______________________________

Toni looked around in search for the person. She felt hands get placed over eyes causing her to immediately elbow the person.

"Shit!" Kenny shouted backing away from her placing his hand over his aching area.

"Ken." She panicked turning around gritting her teeth in embarrassment, "I'm so sorry- why would you put your hands over my eyes in the first place!?" She scolded pushing at his shoulder.

"I wanted to surprise you- dammit woman, you got one hell of an elbow." He groaned taking a seat on the bench.

"I'm sorry..." She trailed off.

She walked up to him folding her arms over her chest.

"Where have you been?" She asked, "in hiding. Your damn boyfriend ratted me out to the cops. They know where I stay and they know about you and me." Kenny shook his head in frustration.

Toni sat down next to him.

"There's something I didn't tell you." She began.

He raised his eyebrows and faced her in anticipation.

"I've been working with Gail secretly and she's been keeping me posted and up to date with everything." Toni confessed.

Kenny stared at her and smiled lightly.

"You're still as brave as ever." He said caressing her cheek, "yeah but I wasn't brave enough when the house exploded. I couldn't save my mom or Kennedy-"

"None of that is your fault." Kenny assured taking her hands into his, "I hope you haven't been blaming yourself this whole time." He stated.

"Because if you were, that stops now." He sternly said. She nodded looking into his eyes.

"You wanna come up to see Kennedy? You meeting her would really light up my mood right about now, it's all I want right now. For her to meet her daddy." Toni smiled lightly.

"Yeah." He nodded as they got up.
_____________________________

"I feel like I'm meeting your parents. I'm so nervous."

"Technically, you are because she goes on as if she's my mom." Toni shook her head causing Kenny to chuckle.

Toni opened the door and her eyes immediately widened. She walked in further and looked around as Kenny did the same.

"She's not here!" Toni panicked searching all around the room for her, "my daughters gone Kenny!" Toni shouted.