Respect

AN: I was telling JVH624 yesterday morning that I've been quite stumped on the prompts recently. Anyway this was what I came up with for "Respect" monicacantwrite Meggyhashope lindaisfangirling evfabricando Dr-Cokebottles Zazounette86 Daphnecs8 Please don't be alarmed at the beginning, it has a fluffy ending, I promise!
————————————————————————
Daoming Si sat at the edge of the bed, his head in his hands. He wished that he was anywhere but here right now, this was the worst day of his life so far, he inwardly groaned as he buried his head further into his hands. Why had Xiaozi brought them all here? And why had Lei agreed to come? With Shancai, no less. You could have cut the tension between them earlier with a knife, until Shancai had felt so uncomfortable that she had excused herself to go to the sauna. Si himself had decided to go to the men's-only hot springs, he didn't feel like he could deal with Xiaozi and this whole mess any minute longer. He was here with Xiaozi and Lei was with Shancai. This situation was well and thoroughly f*cked up.

Coming back to the room after his dip, he had cursed under his breath when he found out that Xiaozi had hidden his clothes, leaving him with only a bathrobe to wear. She had since disappeared, leaving him a note that she would be joining Shancai in the sauna. What exactly was she planning to do? His dejected reverie was suddenly broken by Xiaozi rushing into the room. She stopped running just long enough to pant, "Shancai has fainted in the sauna!" Si was on his feet and out of the room in a flash, with Xiaozi on his heels. He stopped short at the corridor outside the room, as his heart sank all the way to his feet, and even further down. Huaze Lei was cradling Shancai in his arms. His best friend held the love of his life as he slowly and purposely walked towards their room.

He didn't think that he could feel more hopeless as he did at that moment. He had lost, and Lei had won. Brushing aside his tears of despair, he retreated back into his room, once again holding his head in his hands. After a long silence, Xiaozi spoke nervously. "Daoming Si, my mom has suggested that I move into your house next semester. This way we can get to know each other better, since we're going to get married anyway." Si didn't answer, but merely clicked his tongue in annoyance. Xiaozi, feeling a little bolder, came up behind him and slid her hands around his back, pressing him close to her. Still no response.

She now let him go and stood in front of him. "Daoming Si! What's wrong with you? Didn't you say you would try to like me? What is it about me you don't like? I can do anything...anything...just say that you like me! Don't you like this??" In one swift move, she had untied her robe, and was standing, almost completely naked in front of him, save for her panties. Si looked at her, speechless. He was a man, and it would be a lie to say that her almost-nakedness did not affect him, even just a little bit, but he quickly removed any such thoughts from his mind. Xiaozi, however, saw her opportunity and she lunged at him, her breasts pressing against his chest at the opening in his robe. Strangely enough, Si did not have the reaction she was hoping for. He brought up his arms to gently but firmly disentangle her arms from around his body but still she clung on, unwilling to let him go.

"Xiaozi," his voice was also firm but gentle. When she did not heed him, he called her again, louder this time. "XIAOZI! You need to let go of me now, don't make me do it for you!" Stunned at his tone, she stepped away, tears pooling in her eyes. Si quickly picked up her robe and draped it around her shoulders. "Put it on," he ordered her quietly, and she wordlessly obeyed. "Xiaozi, I need to tell you this. I know I said that I would try to like you, but I'm sorry, I just can't do it. My heart already belongs to someone else, and I would be lying to myself and lying to you if we were to keep up this charade. It wouldn't be fair to you either. I respect you too much to take advantage of you. And," he continued, "you should respect yourself too. Find someone who will love you wholeheartedly, whose heart belongs only to you and yours to his. I have found that someone and I will never let her go." Xiaozi's tears began to fall in earnest as she listened to Si's words.