4. Doubts

It is said that All is fair in love and war. All. Everything. I can't help but wonder, is it? Is it really fair?

'Ok. Seems like you had an interesting day.' Kosi said after listening.

'Yeah. It was nice seeing him again after all these years. He took me down memory lane.' Eva couldn't hide her smile as her attention shifted back to the movie they were watching.

Kosi studied Eva as she lay casually on the couch, her head supported by her hand which now rested comfortably on his thighs. He placed his left hand on the valley between her ribs and hips, lazily moving his hand further south till it rested on her hips. 

'Hey, babe?' 

She brought down the hand that was supporting her head and turned away from the TV to lay face up, looking at him. 

'Yeah? What's up?' 

Kosi stared at her for a full minute without saying a word. His silence made Eva felt a bit uneasy. 

'Babe?' 'Should I be worried?'

'What? Why? Worried about what?' 

She removed her head completely from his thighs and sat cross legged on the couch, facing him. Kosi remained facing the TV, refusing to look at her. 

'Should I be worried about you and Chukwuebuka?' He asked finally facing her. Eva's jaw dropped.

'Wha... huh? Where did that come from?'

'Baby, please. Just answer me. I need to know that this Secondary School crush of yours that left your life 15 years ago and coincidentally came back into your life won't be an issue days, weeks, months, years from now.' 

Eva kept staring at him. She had never seen Kosi this upset about something, anything. He was usually very easy going. She stood up from the couch and moved in front of him, blocking his view of the TV. She straddled him, placing both her hands on the sides of his face. 

'Baby. Baby come on. Come on look at me.' She said trying to get Kosi to look at her. His eyes finally rested on hers. 

'There's nobody, aboslutely nobody else on this entire planet that I would rather be with. You are my baby, my best friend, my lover and my husband. When we exchanged our vows on the 15th of January, 2017 in front of our close family and friends and a bunch of other random people our parents invited...' Kosi laughed. '...I meant it. You are the one for me. Now and forever. I love you.' 

Kosi looked into the eyes of his wife and lover of two years. He felt assured of what he already knew, that Eva loves him. Deeply. 

'And you are mine.' He declared as he pulled her body to his and kissed her with all the passion he could muster and she kissed him back with reckless abandon. Her hands moved from his cheeks to the back of his head as she pulled him deeper into the kiss. Kosi's hands encircled her waist, going down to cup her butt and press her against him. A moan of pleasure escaped her lips as her head fell back exposing her neck to his hungry lips and teeth.

The sound of the movie credit played in the background as they slowly took off each other's clothes, relearning their bodies and rekindling their love. Later that night, as they both lay naked on the parlour rug, a duvet their only covering, Eva listened to the soft breathing of her husband who lay facing her and felt her heart overflow with love. As if sensing her, he pulled her closer to himself, wrapping his arms around her before drifting back to sleep. Eva had never felt more content.