Chapter 5

He was standing there with a single white rose.

"Hey Lizzie."

He said as he walked in the room. Followed by Matt and Nash. Jamie stood up, I sat up, there was a bit of pain but I tried not to make a face.

"What are you doing here? Wait how did you even find me?" I asked.

"Matt texted me and asked because they felt bad." Jamie answered.

"It's not your fault." I say, which wasn't completely all true. It was mostly my fault for hanging around. There was an awkward silence. They weren't denying it, which was good.

"So what happened?" Nash asked. "Yeah we want to know." Matt added.

"What's there to tell? I was trampled by your fans. I just got caught underneath and now I feel like...." I started having memories.

"SHUT UP." He yelled as he kicked me in my side. I spit out blood. "Go to your room NOW LIZZIE!" He helps me up and roughly pushes me down the hall making me fall and smash my nose into the hard wooden floor.

The memory ended.

"A girl who just got trampled." Jamie finishes my sentence. She comes over and holds my hand, she knew exactly what I was thinking about. Tears roll down my face. I wipe them as soon as I can.

Cameron walks over and puts the rose on a table and pulls up a chair. Matt and Nash stand behind.

"What happens now?" Cameron asks.

"I go on dialysis and wait for a kidney." I answer.

"Wait you need a kidney transplant?" Matt asks.

"Yeah I lost one and the other one is being a bitch and not working like it's suppose to, so I need a new one."

"How long will it take?" Nash asks.

"Could take years."

"Laying in a hospital bed?" Cameron says.

"No, just coming back three times a week to get my blood cleaned for 6 hours."

Cameron stares at me..

Then the doctor walks in.

"Okay Lizzie...oh I'm sorry I didn't know you had company." He says.

"They were just leaving." I say.

"Right." Cameron adds. He comes over smiles, and squeezes my shoulder.

Matt waves and smiles. And Nash comes over and hugs me, there was a sharp pain, but his hug made up for it. "It'll all be alright, Lizzie." He whispers in my ear, then leaves.

The doctor started talking about dialysis which I half listened have zoned out.

2 days later.

Today's the day I finally get to go home. What a relief. I finish gathering my things and Jamie walks in. "Ready?" She says. "More than you know."

We walk to the front desk to get checked out. The doctor is standing there. "Remember Lizzie, next Wednesday come back to dialysis." I nod and walk out of the hospital. "God how I love fresh air." I look over at Jamie and she smiled. "Let's go home."