Chapter 42

I woke up before Nash so I decided not to wake him up, and instead go made breakfast for him.

Because basically I'm using him to get back at his best friend so I have you do something nice for him sometime.

I checked my phone to see if Jamie had texted me, wondering where I was. But truthfully I think she would be alright if I was dead in a ditch right now.

I got up quietly and made my way to the kitchen. Then I realized that they didn't really have any mixing bowls so I had to compromise.

But they did have beacon, so why not make pancakes and bacon? Then I looked through one cabinet and I found chocolate chips. Perfect, chocolate chip pancakes.

I didn't find any instant batter so I had to make it myself, which I was lucky to even find all the ingredients to make the pancakes, to be honest they barely have any food.

It was to quite so I decided to plug in my earbuds to my phone and put on some R&B music, so I was basically mouthing the lyrics and doing a stupid ass dance while mixing the batter.

The bacon was cooking while I was mixing the batter so I put the bacon on a plate and started making the pancakes.

About 10mins I was done making the pancakes and Jaxx came next to my side to the smell of food.

That must mean Cameron is up.

Of course, my luck.

I take both of the plates and turn around to put them on the table and shirtless Cameron was a few feet behind me, making me jump I dropped a few pieces of bacon and Jaxx ate them. I quickly past Cameron and put the plates on the table and took out the earbuds.

How long was he standing there?

Starstruck from his amazing body it was awkward silence until Jaxx nudged me for more food.

I smiled and reached down and petted him.

Without looking at Cameron I shot up and walked to Nash's room. Still asleep I sat down a gently shook him to wake up. He opened his eyes and looked at me and said, "5 more minutes Lizzie."
I chuckled. "5 minutes would turn into hours. Get your ass up I made breakfast."

After I didnt get an answer I decided to up my game.

"Fine." I said.

Then I grabbed a pillow and whacked him on the head.

His beautiful blue eyes shot open and stared at me.

"Time to get up." I said again.

He finally sat up and nodded his head, I started to walk out of the room when a pillow hit me in the back of the head.

I look behind me, "Watch yourself." Then I smiled.

Then 5 minutes later he was out of his room. Cameron was sitting on the couch petting Jaxx and the food has not been touched.

"Finally! The food is getting cold." I say.
"Ohhh chocolate chip pancakes, Cam's favorite." Nash says.
I glance behind my shoulder, "Theres some for you too Cameron."
Then I hear him get up and walk over to the other side of the table and say, "I don't want anything to do with you Lizzie, its best if you just go." He said coldly.

That hit me straight in the gut.

"Cameron!" Nash shouted.
Cameron shrugged his shoulders and went back upstairs.

Tears started to form in my eyes but with all the strength I had I pushed them down.

Nash's hand finds my back, "Are you okay?" He asks.

I sniffle, "Yeah, perfectly." I look over and smile.

Then we ate all most all the pancakes. The rest we threw away or set on the edge of the patio for the birds.

Then I started to do dishes.

"You don't have to do those." Nash says behind me.
"Yeah I do, I made a mess."
Nash sighed.

After I was done I walked over to Nash while he was on his phone and said, "I think I'm going to get dressed and leave."
"Are you sure Lizzie? Just because Cameron--"
I cut him off, "Not because of him."
He looks at me before responding, "Okay well just text me if you want to hang out."
I smiled and hugged him.

I went back to Nash's room and grabbed my bag of clothes and went to the bathroom and changed into a pink see-through thank top, shorts, a green belt, with feather earrings, and pink strappy sandals.

When I walk out Cameron was finally clothed and is probably going out from the looks of it, and Nash and him are talking.

I walk past Cam and Nash to the door, I turn around and say "Bye Nash." then wave. I glance over at Cameron, clearly checking me out, I rolled my eyes and walked out the door.

I waited for the elevator as I dug through my bag for my keys.

I got on the elevator which took forever to shut the doors, and then of course, Cameron decided to walk into the fucking elevator with me looking like a dumb ass searching for my keys still.

He glances at me before stepping on.

I decided to pull stuff out and then I hear something drop to the floor.

I look down and my keys were on the floor. I stuffed stuff back into my bag and kneel down to get them.

Turns out Cameron wanted to get them also.

I reached for the keys and my hand touched Camerons. He doesn't pull away and neither do I.

We lift our heads and just stare at each other.

Not staying anything just staring at each other.

It was kind of awkward, then the elevator dinged and I grabbed my keys and quickly got up and walked out of the apartment building.

My heart pounding, what was that?

Why didn't he pull away?

Emotions flooded in
Confusion
Happiness
Anger

All trying to tell me if this is a good thing or something that shouldnt happen again.

I shook it off and went to the parking lot for my car.

I got in and I honestly did not want to go back to Jamie.

While I was in thought, someone opened the passenger door.

Then I wanted to scream but nothing came out, it was all anger.