Chapter 36

Jamie's POV

2 Weeks Later

Its been two weeks since Cameron woke up and he gets released today. I have been to the hospital everyday for those two weeks, and Lizzie has been with me for half of those days. She goes and she tries to connect with him but he has no interest. Now she's depressed to a point where its scaring me.

All she does is watch tv, stare out the window at nothing, or sleep. She eats barely anything and she talks in small sentences.

I don't know how much fight she has in her to stay above water. I think she wants to let go, but I won't let that happen.

I get up at 9am and I get ready to pick up Cameron at 12.

I take a shower and put on white shorts, a greenish-blue one shoulder shirt, peacock feather earrings, feather bracelet and brown sandals.

It's 11:30 and I go and check on Lizzie.

Shes in her room staring at the ceiling.

"Hey Liz. How are you feeling." I say as I pop my head in.
"Empty." She replies.
"I'm going to pick up Cameron from the hospital, want to come?"
"Spare me the misery." She says as she rolls on her side.

I sigh and closed her door.

I grab my keys and my purse and I go to the hospital and I see Cameron in a wheel chair outside the front doors to the hospital all dressed in his own clothes.

I smiled as he got up and walked towards my car.

"Hey Cam."
"Hey beautiful." He replies.
I giggled. "Come on lets go." I say as he gets into the passenger seat.
"Where to?" I ask.
"Well if you would like to go get coffee at the Starbucks on 5th street?"

Oh shit.

Thats where he got hit.

"Cameron, thats the street where you got hit with a car." I say.
He stares blankly at me. "Oh..can we still go?"
I nod and I start the car.

We sing and rap loudly to R&B music until we get to Starbucks.

We parked and got out of the car. "Does this seem familiar Cam?" I ask.
He looks at the street where he about died. Then shook his head. "Lets just go in." He says.
But something seems off about him. I feel like he's lying and he does remember something.

I decided not to worry to much about it and go into Starbucks and order a grande vanilla bean frap. We sit down at a table in front of the coffee shop and just had small talk.

"So my friend Sammy is throwing a party tonight and I think you should come." Cameron says.
"Hmmm."
"There will be beer." Cameron smirks.
"Can I bring Lizzie?" I ask.
He thinks and then says thats fine.

After we get done with our coffee I head to Camerons apartment to drop him off.

"See you at the party tonight? 8pm?" Cameron asks.
I nodded, "See you then." I smile and he does his really cute half-smile.

As Im about to pull off Cameron adds, "Oh and wear something nice, maybe a really short shirt to show off that booty."
I roll my eyes, "Ha ha ha very funny Cam. Ill wear something nice but sexy deal?"
"Anything is sexy on you." He winks and I start to drive.

Once I got to my house it was 2pm and I had time before I had to get ready so I put on some sweats and watched Netflix while Lizzie was in her room.

Then the clock struck 6pm and I decided The Walking Dead can wait and start to get ready.

I ran into Lizzie's room and shouted, "Get off your ass. We are going to a party tonight so wear something sexy. Be ready by 8." Throwing a pillow at her, she groans.
"Do I have to?" She responds.
"Lizzie you aren't wasting away over a stupid guy. Get the fuck up and lets get ready to have the time of our lives. First party in Cali. Come on!" I shout as she finally gets up.

Tonight is going to be a blast.