Chapter 27

*Two Days Later*

My shoulder has gotten a little bit better, I have it in a sling still and I can't move it with it hurting, but if I drop my arm to my side it'll look fine, until I move it.

Jamie and I have been discussing our plan on how to serve revenge to Robert Dickens.

It won't be easy because he has kids, two that are 14 and 16, and one German Shepard, and a wife.

Jamie found out where he works, a tiny construction business that he works 8 hours a day. 4 of those he is alone.

That gives us just enough time.

I had to take a break.

I'm going to the hospital to see Cameron for the first time since the accident. It's going to be nerve racking but I can't just sit around and hope for the best.

I got dressed in a simple mint green dress that goes below my knees, and some white vans, then I did my makeup and got into my car and drove 15 mins to the hospital.

Once I get there I ask the nurse which room Cameron is in. He's in room 301. When I got to his room I find Cameron and someone else in the room too.

Matt.

Matt is sitting in the corner on his phone, he looks up and when he sees me, he stands up.

"Hi Lizzie."
I look down at my feet and then look back up. "Hey Matt."
There was an awkward silence, then I start walking over to Cameron which he had cuts all over his face, and tubes coming out every inch of his body.
"How is he doing?" I ask Matt.
"The doctors say he needs a heart transplant, and fast, or else his going to die." He says looking down at Cam.
Tears started forming in my eyes, I couldn't help it, the love of my life was laying in a hospital bed and might not see the light of day again.

How can I NOT cry?

Matt sees me crying. "Hey, hey hey..." He says as he comes over to the side of the bed.
He comes at me with open arms, I bring both arms into his chest and quietly sob into his shirt. "How can something like his happen to someone like him. What did he do to deserve this?" I said as I sobbed into his shirt.

He cradles me.

Matts POV

I'm holding this fragile person in my arms. While one of my best friends is in a hospital bed and might not make it. I hate seeing Lizzie so sad. It breaks my heart so much, I can't bare the pain. All I can do is comfort her.

"He needs to live Matt, he needs to, I need him." Lizzie says as her tears stain my shirt.
"I know Lizzie, I'm going to do anything, and everything in my power to have you happy again." I say as she lifts her head up.

I take my fingers and wipe her tears and she smiles. Then returns to my shirt and gives me a hug that seems to last forever.

I know what I have to do to make her happy again.

It'll push me over the cliff, but if it will make her happy again, then it's something I'm willing to sacrifice.

Lizzie's POV

Matt left about 5 minutes after our talk.

I'm left in the room by myself.

I hold Cameron hand and I talk to him,
"Hey Cameron, hold on for me okay? Don't let go, it's not your time. You and I are suppose to be together, suppose to have kids and live happily ever after. Hold on Cam. Please, hold on."

After about 10 minutes of talking to him, I get up and leave I found my motivation to get revenge on Robert.