Chapter 30

Jamie drove us home.

I gained some mobility. I could walk, but not talk.

We came into our apartment, "Get dressed Lizzie we are going to the hospital." Jamie said harshly.

I walk to my room and put on Victoria Secrets PINK grey sweatpants, and a lime green shirt with some lime green vans, then I washed my face and put my hair into a messy bun.

I didn't care how I looked, I just wanted to be comfortable.

After 30 minutes of being home we got back into the car and zoomed off to the hospital.

Once we got there Jamie asked the nurse at the ER if Matt was still here.

She said he was in room 302, great. Right next to Cameron's.

We walked/jogged down the many halls and found 301 and 302 right next to each other. One plaque said 'Cameron Dallas' another said 'Matthew Espinosa'

I take a deep breathe and we walk into Matts room.

We see him.

In a bed with tubes everywhere and a gauze wrapped around his head. I look at the foot of the bed and find the doctor.

"Hi, you must be Lizzie?" He says reaching for a hand shake.
I take his hand and shake it, "yes, and this is Jamie. We were both close friends of Matt."
"Yes, I'm very sorry for your loss. He wanted me to give you this."
The doctor hands me a note with my name on. I crushes my heart.

I cross my arms.

"So Matt will donate his heart to Cameron?"
"Yes with your permission."
I looked at his puzzled."
"Why me?" I ask.
"Matt put you on his emergency contact, you make the choice."
"I don't think this is the wisest choice to put me in charge."
"He wanted you to make this choice."
I look over at Jamie. She nodded.
"Okay, do it."
"We will get Cameron in the OR tonight."

I smile and the doctor walks out of the room.

We walk over to Matts bed and I went on one side and Jamie went on the other. We hold his hand.

"Why did you do this Matt?" Jamie whispers. "Why did you leave me?"

I motion Jamie to give me her hand and she did, we just stood there looking at Matt. Our brain dead, amazing friend and guy that could've had a perfect life. Why did he give it all up? For Cameron? For me? It crushes me that this will be the last time i will ever get to hold Matts hand. Then the doctor walks in.

"We are ready for him." The doctor says.
Jamie wipes a tear and nods.
"Okay." I say.

I hold his hand until the doctors rip him away from me.

Then the doctor said this operation is very complicated so it will probably go into the night and that we should go home and get some rest and that he will call us when Cameron is out of surgery.

Jamie and I decided to go home for the night.

We got back into the car and drove home and I directly went to bed and Jamie couldn't go to sleep so she watched TV until 3am then slept on the couch.

I woke up at 7am and Jamie was still asleep and the first thing I checked was my phone. (A/N me every morning.) There were no missed calls.

I went into the kitchen and made breakfast. I made eggs, pancakes, squeezed some orange juice, made muffins(A/N shout out to Shawn, where you at though?) and set the table for 12. I decided to invite all of the guys from this group called Magcon to come over and eat brunch with Jamie and I. They were all friends of Matt and I thought it would be nice to gather and eat and morn.

In this group of 12 there was Nash Grier, Shawn Mendes, Taylor Caniff, Aaron Carpenter, Dillion Rupp, Sam Wilkinson, Jack Johnson, Jack Glinsky, Carter Reynolds, and Mahogany *LOX*.

I am going to have a house full.

I told them to be here at 11am. Its 10:30am when I finally got everything done.
"Jamie! Wake up and get ready! they'll be here in 30 minutes!" I said as I threw a pillow at her.
Then she sprung up.

"Fuck. Alright Im up."

I got dressed as quick as I could. I feel like everyone is going to be wearing black so I decided to wear black but with a little color to it, and I left my hair the way it is, some kind of straight, wavy shit. But whatever.

I came out of my room and went to the kitchen and made sure everything is in place, then Jamie came out is this dress that was black on the bottom and white and black strips on the top half.

I sighed and we examined each other. "We look hot." Jamie said.

I brought her in for a hug. "Yes, yes we do." I say into her hair.

Then I hear a knock on the door.

"Ready?" I asked Jamie.
"Yup lets get this over with." She replied.

I smiled and I opened the front door.