Chapter 24

*5 Days Later*

I got released from the hospital today. The doctors had to keep me for MORE testing.

But now I'm home.

The doctors washed Cameron's blood out of my clothes and sent me home in those. Which immediately took off once I was in my room.

I burned the clothes, yes, including the shoes, earrings, and bracelets. I wasn't going to keep something that was stained with this horrible tragedy.

I changed into black spandex and a Victoria Secret Pink shirt which was three sizes to big so I covered my spandex and looked like I was warring nothing. Then I put my hair into a messy bun.

I wasn't going for attractive, I was going for comfy.

I knew what I had to do.

The police where just going to push Cameron's case aside and not do shit.

I lied to the police actually.

I knew the first six letters of the plate, and I know what kind of car, because I drive it myself.

It was another Chevy Camaro, I do not know if it was the 2013 model but I think I can narrow it down, mainly because I also saw the face.

He wasn't very old.

Mid thirties to early forties, okay maybe that's kind of old. He has pitch black hair with a beard. He looked like he had blue eyes and bushy eyebrows.

Luckily for me I have a police friend from a different town in California but she has a computer that can access all the drivers licenses and plates in Cali. Her name is Alex Smith.

I called the police office.

"Hi can I speak to officer Alex Smith please?"
"One moment please.
Then Alex got on the line.
"Alex I need you over at my house now. It's important, and bring you're computer."
"Okay Lizzie, I'll be over in a few."

I didn't change into pants because me and Alex have been friends for so long, I don't give a fuck.

Within the hour she was here.

She knocked on the door and she was in her police uniform and had her computer in hand.

"What's going on Lizzie?" She asked.
"My boyfriend got into an accident and I wanted to help the police and at least tell them who hit him." I lied, I totally just lied to a cop. I don't care. I'm not helping the police. I'm helping myself and Cameron.

She looked at me with skeptical eyes.
"How long do you need it for?" Alex asked.
"One week at most."
"Lizzie you know I can loose my job right?"
"Alex please. I love him. He was bleeding in my arms. I need to help the police, to help Cameron, and help me get justice."
She looked at me and at the computer then sighed.
"Okay Lizzie, one week, that's all you get."

I hug Alex and she gives me the computer. "Thank you." She nodded and walks away to her car.

I shut my door and go into my room and start my hunt.

I go to my kitchen and grab red tape and scissors and ran back to my room.

This is going to take time, which I have a lot of but I can't waste it.

I started by searching the police database with the six letters and numbers of the plate of the car.

I found about 5 matches.

Two were Chevy Camraos, both the same color but different models.

I tried to pull up drivers licenses but it had to have a police code which of course I didn't know. So I just got two names Paul Bowman and Robert Dickens.

So I started making my diagram.

I didn't have a picture of either two of them all I know is their name, birthday, age, height, weight, and address. Which I'm pretty sure I got that from their car insurance but in not for sure.

What I did was put a blank photo with a question mark and above that was Paul Bowman and all his information, then I did the same with Robert Dickens. I put red tape leading in the middle with was a picture of Cameron and of the crime sene.

Then I went full on stalker for these dudes.

I wrote down everything on their criminal records. Kills, jail time all in the diagram, including job, relatives, and anything and everyone important to them.

This diagram took up a whole wall I was in detail with these men and I felt kind of dirty about it.

But it turns out Paul has killed before. Stabbed a guy 36 times because he ran over his dog, Fluffy, then he robbed a bank trying to get out of the country to escape the police, which he spent 8 years in jail for it.

On the other hand Robert has done nothing. Notta. He's clean. He lives in the suburbs with his wife, two kids, and three dogs.

Well it's kind of a no brainer, let's go get Paul.