Chpater 31

I smiled as I open the door to see 10 people all huddled at the door.

All, as I predicted, wearing black.

The first person at the door was a girl with big poofy red curly hair. She is the only girl I see so it must be Mahogany.

"Welcome, Im Lizzie." I say as I open the door as everyone comes in. I see Nash, Shawn, and Taylor come in very last. Nash stopped and gave me a hug. "I'm so sorry Nash." I say into his shirt. He sniffles then he pulls away and goes to give Jamie a hug.

I walk over to the table and already see Shawn eyeing the muffins.

"Everyone can take there seats now and start eating." I say and smile as everyone started sitting and attacking the food. I sat between Jamie and Nash.

"I think we should go around the table and say our names and..." Jamie said but couldn't finish.
"And say one thing we are going to miss about Matt." I finish. I look over at Jamie and she smiles. "Nash you go first." I added.

He cleared his throat, "Okay, well I'm Nash and the one thing I will miss about Matt is his jokes....and the #Mash ship"
Everyone laughed.
Next to him was Taylor. "I'm Taylor and I'm going to miss this dinosaur impression."
We went around the table and everyone said something, wether it was his hilarious personality or his horribly funny twerking skills.

Then we all ate.

I swear when I looked over at Shawn's plate he had four muffins. (A/N Okay okay I'll stop with the muffin jokes.)

I started talking with Jack Johnson and he was pretty chill, but I think out of the whole brunch I think Mahogany is my favorite, and Sam he's amazing singer and person.

After the brunch everyone decided to stay until I get a call from the doctor.

Everyone helped clean up and make the kitchen look halfway decent. Nash and Sam stayed with me in the kitchen while the rest of the gang went into the living room and watched Netflix. After I was done with the dishes someone came up behind me. It was Nash. "Can I talk to you for a second Liz?" he asked. I nodded and we went back into my room and shut the door.

"Do you know why he did it...you know....why Matt shot himself?" He asked very shyly.
"Not the exact reason...all I know that it was for Cameron and..." I paused.
"What?"
"Oh shit I forgot that Matt wrote me a note!"

I say as I sprint to my purse. I sit on my bed and soon joined by Nash, I poured out everything from my purse. "Holy shit Liz, you need to clean out your purse." Nash said. "Yeah yeah." I finally found the note with my name on it.

I just held it.
"Its okay Lizzie, open it." Nash nudged my shoulder.
I sighed and I ripped the seal of the envelope and I grabbed the letter. Then I opened it.

Dear Lizzie,

This may come to a shock to you that I killed myself. Don't blame yourself, its not your fault. I wanted you to be happy and I wanted Cameron to get better. Since I had O- blood I was for sure that he would get my heart. On the bright side all my other organs will go to people in need also. You may think I was stupid that I did such a thing, but you got to believe that I wasn't depressed or pressured into doing this. I did it because I wanted to. I wanted to see the love of my life happy again. You couldn't find it with me, so I made the sacrifice to have you be happy. Live your life, get married to Cam and have kids, BE HAPPY. Thats the one thing I ask for in return. Lizzie, I love you. Always remember that. Also remember in times of trouble, live simply so others can simply live.

Love Always,
Matt

I sat the note down on my bed and so many emotions rushed into my body all at once. Matt made this sacrifice for me and for him. I do not feel like all the blame is on me. At this moment in time everything felt okay. I leaned on Nash's shoulder as silent tears fell. He read the note to and wiped his eyes. After five minutes of just sitting there I finally got up and said "We should go back into the living room." Nash nodded and we headed back out there.

Everyone stared as we walked out of the hallway.

"What were you two up to?" Taylor asked.
"I found a note from Matt." I say.
Everyone stared at me wide eyed. "What did it say?" Aaron asked.
I hesitated, "Just that this was his choice, he didn't get pressured into it nor was he depressed. He made it on is own and he doesn't regret it, and that he loves us."

No one else said anything.

Nash and I sat down on the couch for about 30 minutes until I got a call.

I was from the hospital.

I answered, "Hello?"
"Lizzie Anderson?"
"Speaking."
"Cameron is out of surgery and has recovered, he has not awaken but it should be anytime now, you are welcome to come and see him."
"Thats great news!"
"Yes it is. Do you know of Matthew Espinosa's parents phone number? His body is ready for pick up."
I paused. "No I do not know off the top of my head but I will once I get to the hospital."

I hung up the phone.

All eyes were on me again.

"Lets go to the hospital."