Entry 8

*ignores the beeping of the computer for awhile*

"D-Dave I..." *stares with big eyes at Dave*

"John..." *looks away and holds out his hand* "Shades."

*doesn't move*

"Egbert. Shades. Now." *glares at John*

"Dave...your eyes...they're so-" *gets cut off by Dave*

"Hideous? Horrifying? Demonic? Disgusting? Creepy?"

"...beautiful." *whispers*

"Wait, what?" *looks up in shock*

*grabs Dave's face and looks at his eyes* "They're beautiful! I've never seen a shade of red like that before! It's amazing, they're so vivid! Hehe, it's no wonder you like the color red, it suits you!" *smiles* "These are so much better than any colored contacts you'd buy at a store!"

"Y-you actually like my eyes?"

"Like them? I love them! Dave, they're so cool! Why would you even cover them up with your shades? Jegus, you say my eyes are pretty, your's are way better!"

"I-I don't even know what to say. No one's ever freaked out about them in a...positive way before."

"What do you mean?" *tilts his head in concern*

*sighs* "When I was little, I never used to wear shades. Crazy as shit, I know. But that stage of my life didn't last long. Everyone I met: kids, parents, teachers, they all thought my eyes were freakish. To them, I was like a little demon-child, all because of my fucking eyes. Bro was always chill about them, but he gave me a pair of those stupid fucking anime shades to wear so that I wouldn't get ostracized anymore. We told the teachers that I had a problem with lights, and bingo, I could wear them in school no problem. As soon as you sent me those shades" *points to shades still in John's hand* "I tossed the ones my Bro gave me because they were shit, and I've worn those ever since. Now you know why I wear them all the fucking time. Happy?"

"Dave...I can't believe anyone would say that. I would never say that to you, I can't even believe you thought I would! I'm actually kind of pissed about it, but I'll ignore that for now."

"It's nothing against you, John, I was just trying to be...careful. I didn't want to freak you out or anything."

*sighs* "It's okay, I forgive you. Bro hug?" *holds out arms*

"Hell yes." *hugs him* "And give me back my shades, nerdy boy."

"No way! I'm holding on to these for awhile! I have to make up for all the years I never got to see your eyes!" *floats them away on a gust of wind*

"Damn you."

*computer beeps like crazy*

"Jegus our computer is flipping the fuck out."

"I'll get it." *floats over and opens up the ask thingy*

MagicalMushrooms:

John! Give him back his shades! You're too adorable to die from a super badass strife! *gasps for dramatic effect*

"Hell no, I'm keeping them! And Dave knows I'm way too adorable to engage in a super badass strife, he won't challenge me to one."

"Really? You wanna bet, Egdork?" *raises eyebrow*

"You wouldn't fucking dare." *glares*

"I-" *gets cut off by John*

*places hand over Dave's mouth* "You can't challenge me to a strife if you can't talk!" *grins*