The Ice Mirror

The entire military forces of Arendelle were summoned by Princess Anna the following day, the war effort started everywhere with great speed and very soon all of the sabers, muskets, ammunition, artillery and gunpowder had been taken from every armory available.

Anna commanded the Generals to organize the supplies and the divisions while the families said farewell to fathers, sons, brothers and also many daughters and sisters that also volunteered to join the army, for everyone knew that the battles ahead were going to be hard...

Thousands of horses were brought as needed from every farm, village and town nearby the Castle, and even though many sabers were old and needed to be sharpened, the Cavalry units announced their numbers, flags and names several hours before Queen Elsa had expected.

It was very late at night when the first Arendellan divisions started their journey to the Front under the mysterious light of the Midnight Sun, and then it was time at last for the Queen and the Princess to say good bye to each other...

"This is not good" Elsa said, looking for a moment into Anna's blue eyes- "I am the eldest sister, and I have Magic! I should be the one commanding our forces, Anna..."

Elsa and Anna stood alone in a small clearing of the forest, a lovely, peaceful place not far from the castle where they used to camp sometimes, take their telescopes and look at the stars together in the long Winter nights.

The forest clearing looked quite surreal and intriguing that night under the light of the Midnight Sun, and Anna's white horse was standing beside her waiting to depart...

"I know that you are powerful" Anna replied, her hands now resting on the shoulders of the Queen- "But you are our Queen, Elsa... Arendelle needs you to remain as safe as possible! One of us must command the troops in battle, it's very dangerous out there and I am much less important than you are."

The sisters remained in silence for some time after that, and then Elsa could not contain her tears anymore. She cried and hugged Anna as strongly as she could, for she knew that her little sister would soon find herself in real danger at the Front...

Anna looked sinister wearing her purple uniform, the military boots and the elegant green cloak that now marked her as a military commander of Arendelle. A cavalry saber was hanging from her waist, and Elsa, looking at her from head to feet, had trouble to believe that this woman really was her little sister Anna.

"Anna, please be careful" Elsa cried, looking into her eyes once again- "I wanted to give you something special, so we can talk to each other whenever that we want..."

"Magic?"

Elsa casted two streams of magical sparks from her hands, Anna felt a wave of sudden cold in the air and a beautiful mirror was created before her eyes in a few seconds. It was about the size of a large book, and even though it looked not too different from an ordinary mirror, Anna discovered that it was actually made of a very special kind of ice.

"Take it, Anna" Elsa said, and Anna accepted the magical mirror with both hands- "I have another ice mirror in the castle, and they shall be powerful enough to allow us to see and talk to each other even from the distance..."

"Thanks" Anna replied, already turning around to depart- "Elsa, I love you!"

"Farewell, Anna!"

Elsa did her best to regain control of her emotions as Anna mounted her white horse, looked down at her for a last time and then began her journey riding through the forest... the Queen turned around and returned to Arendelle Castle, for now there was nothing else that she could do except to wait for the first news of battle.

The wind was strong as Anna rode her horse faster and faster, for a few seconds she could hardly believe that this was real, part of her was excited while the other part was terrified and very soon, looking at both sides, she realized that many other riders were escorting her already.

"All follow me!" Anna cried out, raising her cavalry saber very high above her head- "Long live Queen Elsa! Long live Queen Elsa!"

Anna's cavalry forces were then joined by another unit, then yet another showed up and very soon the ground was shaking as hundreds of horses and riders stormed the peaceful forest on their long travel to the South...

"Long live Queen Elsa!"

The purple and green flags were rippling in the wind as far as Anna could see at both sides, and meanwhile at the distant Tannya Valley, a wicked Hans and his armies had no idea that the full Army of Arendelle was advancing to attack.