Anna Awakens

Anna was riding her agile white horse across the burning fields and smoke, the shattered White Castle just collapsed to rubble behind her, the shelling explosions continued and then the shaky princess turned her head to look at Kristoff.

"We did it! Krisfoff, we have to..."

Then came the great and deadly blast, her horse collapsed, that awful ringing sound in her ears would not allow her to hear anything else and...

"Kristoff!" Anna screamed, for real this time.

Anna finally abandoned her nightmare and awakened all of a sudden, finding herself lying on a soft bed in the middle of a small and pleasant room. A large window to her right showed her a view of a beautiful forest, and to her surprise, she was wearing a clean blue nightgown instead of her elegant military gear.

Her coppery hair smelled very good and her body was clean, with just a little of discomfort coming from her injured arm and the right side of her head...

"Kristoff!" Anna cried out, already sitting up and looking all around her- "Where are you?"

There were a few seconds of silence, and then Anna, still very surprised, suddenly heard the steps of two people walking upstairs in a hurry. They whispered something that she could not catch, and after that the wooden door was opened in a haste.

A very happy Kristoff dashed into the room followed by a young woman of long and fiery red hair, both of them remained wearing the military uniform of Arendelle and they looked delighted to see that Anna was finally awake...

"Anna!" Kristoff said, hugging the love of his life with great strength and relief- "We thought that maybe that impact had really damaged something in your head... How do you feel?"

Anna looked around more carefully this time, and slowly she came to realize that this mysterious room was perhaps not really unknown after all...

There was something in those paintings of dragons and stars, the wooden bookcase and those purple curtains that quite ringed a bell somewhere in her memories, Kristoff stared at her with a worried look in his face and then Anna finally recalled everything about that place.

"My mother's Summer House at the Forest of Snowhall" Anna whispered- "Wait! What happened after I hit my head? Did we win the battle after all?!"

"You have to see the bright side, Kristoff!" the red-haired girl said, now beaming happily at Anna- "At least she did not lose her memory or something..."

"Who are you?"

"Alice Snowflake, your Highness" the girl replied, the pride clearly visible in those cold and dazzling green eyes- "General Alistair is my father!"

"Oh! Good, nice to meet you, Alice..."

Anna covered her eyes with both of her hands after she felt a sudden headache that came out of nowhere, for a moment it seemed that the entire room would start spinning all around her and after that the pain coming from her injured arm became a little stronger.

Kristoff was observing her with great attention just in case that the Princess would display any kind of weird or otherwise unusual behavior, and Alice laughed out loud when it became clear that Anna was just fine...

"Yeah, everything has been according to Elsa's strategy so far" Kristoff explained, at last sitting on the bed right beside Anna- "Except that you nearly got killed, I mean... We rescued over thirteen hundred soldiers from White Castle, and we have managed to inflict very serious casualties to the Southern Isles Army!"

Anna just inhaled very deeply and then she sighed with a stupendous relief, letting herself fall back on that bed and happily staring at the ceiling like everything was perfect. Kristoff caressed her hair as he displayed a huge smile, and Anna was quite happy to hear the birds singing and the soft wind whispering outside.

"Alice, could you please find Anna's uniform and cloak?"

"Sure!" the proud Alice replied, already on her way out of that room- "The Sammel Line is ready for battle and awaiting your command, your Highness... And you know what? We all are incredibly proud of you!"

"Kristoff, do we have food or something...?"

"What? Oh yes, you must be starving! Come, Alice has been devouring everything we brought but there might still be some bread at the kitchen..."

Kristoff was quick to assist Anna as she finally got out of bed, and this time the Princess moaned in pain as her injured body supported her weight once again. Alice seemed to be looking for the uniform somewhere in a different room, and after that the three of them began a rather slow and careful journey downstairs.

"Watch it, big dude! This is the Princess of Arendelle!"

"I know who she is!"

Anna was delighted to enjoy a slice of bread with cheese at the garden, and for a few precious moments, the war seemed to be a million miles away...