Seven Nights

That cold and awful night had been the start of a true disaster, just the beginning of the worst, hardest and most dramatic test that the proud Arendellan Army had ever experienced.

Anna would cry out in angst and fear every time that they could hear yet another shell coming, and Kristoff always hurried to hug and protect her as the devastating explosion would come and shake the military bunkers a few seconds later...

The blasts were all deafening and nightmarish even though they were a good depth under the surface, everyone could smell the acrid smoke coming from outside, many cracks appeared on the stone walls of that bunker and the cruel shellfire lasted for all night, all the morning and the entire day after that.

Shell after shell, just a terrifying explosion after another and no end in sight to this devastating attack...

Anna and Kristoff tried to get at least some sleep the second night, but it was futile to no end... nobody would get any sleep until the nightmare would stop, but it just went on and on all night and then all day after that.

Just how on Earth was this possible? How could they have brought so many shells and guns all the way from the Southern Isles?

The third night underground came with even more artillery bombardment all over the Sammel Line, Anna and her friends remained trapped in that bunker like everyone else and then, all of a sudden, a well-known voice came from the interior of the backpack:

"Anna!" Elsa called out, her voice worried and sad- "Where the hell are you?!"

The Princess of Arendelle was sitting on her little straw bed at that moment, wrapped in her purple blanket and rocking back and forth in a futile attempt to calm herself down. She grabbed her backpack and slowly drew out the magical Ice Mirror, hoping that a conversation with her sister would somehow make her feel a little better...

"You just answered... your own question, Elsa..."

Elsa was at her personal bedroom at those moments, and the Queen was shocked to see what her sister looked like: Anna's eyes seemed dead, lightless and mad, she was staring at her sister in a very disturbing and unnatural way and her face had lost almost all color.

Anna looked sick as hell, the shaken woman displayed a twisted smile and she was laughing in a way that surprised and freaked out Elsa at the same time...

"Where are you?" Elsa asked, confused as she looked around at the dark interior of a bunker... the sound of a shell coming followed her question, and after that a powerful explosion came and shook the underground refuge like an earthquake.

"T-this is our third n-night underground" Anna explained, her shaky hands barely able to keep a hold on the ice mirror- "Elsa, they just keep firing, just... s-shells and more shells..."

Elsa finally came to understand why she had not received any news from the Front since her last conversation with her sister, and also why Anna had not returned to Northern Arendelle on schedule after all...

The Queen remained silent as she witnessed her sister crying and shaking every time that a shell would hit and explode somewhere above them, it looked like Anna would not be able to resist for much longer, this was happening to the entire Army and nobody could know for how long the attack would continue.

"Anna, I am sending all of the reinforcement divisions!" Elsa cried out, shaking her own mirror at this point- "The bunkers are strong, believe me Anna... you have to resist!"

"I... I am not v-very sure if the bunkers can resist..."

"You have to listen to me... Anna, listen to me!"  Elsa continued- "The bunkers shall resist! They are depleting their entire reserves of artillery... Anna! When this is over, take the Crackers out and prepare to open fire on some type of ground offensive..."

"Elsa... Elsa, I am so scared..."

"Anna, I love you..."

Elsa placed her right hand on her own magical mirror, Anna raised her left hand, they looked into each other's eyes and for a few seconds the sisters tried to touch each other through the frozen surface of that gateway...

The window was closed at the precise moment when Elsa was breaking down in tears, and after that Anna returned to the living hell of the Sammel bunkers under the heaviest and longest artillery attack that Arendelle had ever seen.

The third night passed, and then the fourth, and the fifth came after that...

Anna would spend all of the time cuddling at the darkest part of their underground hell, Kristoff would sometimes force her to have some bread and water and then, at last, the seventh night passed and the shellfire stopped at daybreak.

All of them waited for a long time just in case that more shells would come, and finally Alistair and Alice ventured outside...