A Homage Day

The Army of Arendelle paid a great homage to Anna that day, with every General visiting her personally, every Captain bringing a special gift, thousands of soldiers singing folklore songs for her and several shots of the Line's artillery aimed at the very middle of the valley.

Anna had not expected to receive such a beautiful and honorific farewell from her troops, and she cried several times during her last day with the Army...

The announced departure of their leader made everyone quite sad and a little worried that day, but at the same time they were happy that very soon Anna would be safe at the distant Arendelle Castle and very far from the horrors of the Front.

General Alistair personally selected the Cavalry Captains that would escort Anna and her friends in their travel back home...

Queen Elsa wanted only the very best to protect her sister, seven expert nurses were called to be part of the team as well and the Captains were given a map that would lead them through a secret path across the forests and fjords.

It started to snow once again as the wintry day turned into night, Anna went to sleep inside of her personal tent and very soon she found herself lost in a very sad and strange dream...

Anna had arrived back at Arendelle Town, but the streets were deserted and not even the birds were singing anywhere... It was a gray and sad day, there was no wind at all and not even a single person had showed up to welcome her back home.

There was nothing but solitude and silence at the eerie Castle when Anna crossed the gates, no servants dashing to attend her and no guards patrolling the hallways...

"Elsa?" Anna cried out as she explored a hallway after another, just walking around and looking for her sister- "Elsa, where are you? I am back!"

Anna was surprised to discover that every door was locked, every room was full of dust and every window was sealed with heavy wooden panels... something was definitely wrong at Arendelle Castle, and then she found Elsa at the Throne Hall at last.

"Elsa?"

The Queen of Arendelle stood beside her throne in total silence, her back was to her sister and she was as cold and quiet as a statue abandoned a long time ago. Her long and purple cloak was stained with blood, and the dust gathered on the carpet all around her hinted that Elsa had not moved at all for days or even weeks...

"Hello, Anna..." Elsa said, her voice eerie and cold.

Anna began to walk towards her sister, the hall was darkening as the Princess advanced and then Elsa, finally reacting, raised her head and turned around to face her sister:

Elsa's eyes had been replaced by dark shadows, her wicked smile now featured those awful sharp fangs and her claw-like hands were all covered by blood...

"Elsa!" Anna screamed in terror, waking up in the middle of the night.

Anna scrambled on her bed as she tried to escape from her nightmare, she cried and kicked trapped somewhere between reality and dreams, another scream came after the first and then a shaken Kristoff was awakened by all of this.

"Anna, calm down!" Kristoff said, already patting Anna's hair and holding her uninjured arm with the other hand- "It's not real! Come back! My sweetie, come back!"

"W-what place is this? Where am I?" Anna cried out, a part of her still believing that she remained trapped with a nightmarish monster- "What? Oh, Kristoff..."

Anna was finally back to reality, realizing that she remained at the Sammel Line and that it was her very last night there before departing. She let her tears flow wild and free as Kristoff hugged and comforted her, just trying to forget the images of her nightmare and the awful monster that her sister had become...

"It was awful" Anna cried, looking into her boyfriend's brown eyes through the relative darkness of her personal tent- "Kristoff, I had arrived at the Castle, and Elsa... Elsa was..."

"It was not real, just do not think about it..."

The wind was howling outside of that tent, and just like it had been for several nights in a row, the freezing temperature was dropping to a dangerous level. Anna could see her breath as vapor in the air as she cried and gasped, Kristoff was patient and the Princess finally calmed down.

"T-thank you, Kristoff..."

"We have to sleep well, it shall be a long day tomorrow..."

Anna and Kristoff kissed, they wrapped themselves in those warm purple blankets once again and they closed their eyes... everything seemed normal at the Front, and after that, all of a sudden, they could hear a great explosion somewhere not so far from them.

"What was that?" Anna whispered, once again afraid and very alarmed.

They sat up together on their bed, Kristoff sighed and rubbed his eyes, Anna shivered in cold and after that another blast came and shook the very ground... there were many cries and screams coming from a good distance, and then the powerful bells began to ring in a very loud and alarming style.

"Kristoff..."

"Anna, we have a shelling attack!"