The Letter

"Captain Garthen!" Elsa cried out, calling for the leader of her Guards- "We need all the medical attention available, right now!"

"Immediately, your Majesty!"

The Fountains Square was already full of injured soldiers, displaced families and volunteers helping everywhere, the ghastly scene looked like the aftermath of a battle and the Queen understood that a fight was precisely what had happened.

These were the Arendellan soldiers that had tried to defend the Southern border against the mysterious invaders, and from the looks of it the battle had been a total disaster... Anna and Kristoff were busy applying medicine and bandages to a soldier nearby, and the summery air was suddenly full of the smell of disinfectants and blood.

"Captain Matthew!" Elsa said, happy to recognize the leader of the entire Tannya Valley Division- "What happened? Who did this to my soldiers?!"

The military commander limped slowly towards Elsa, moaning in pain from the saber and shrapnel injuries that were covered by bandages. Matthew was an aging man already in his sixties, and he looked ashamed of the disaster that had taken place under his command.

"Your Majesty" Matthew gasped, careful to avoid direct eye contact with the Queen- "They attacked by surprise, with heavy artillery in the middle of the night... We tried to resist, but their cavalry overwhelmed us and we barely escaped with our lives."

"Who did this to Arendelle?!" Elsa repeated.

"I was captured by the enemy, along with many others" Matthew continued, almost breaking down in tears as he struggled to pronounce those words- "But they released me, so I could come here and give you this letter..."

Matthew handed over to the Queen a folded piece of common paper, she opened it immediately and read all of those words written with blood:

My dear Freak of the Snow, you should have destroyed me when you had the chance.

You see, it was not too hard to convince my brothers that I had learned my lesson, and eventually they took me out of prison. I accepted a servant job in our Palace to prove that I had changed, and they thought that everything was perfect.

My eldest brother decided to throw a party one night, and they were foolish enough to let me work in the kitchens... I have always loved to have fun with my favorite poisons, and yeah, my twelve brothers are dead.

I am the King of the Southern Isles now!

You and your sister are going to pay for what you did to me three years ago... and this time, my forces vastly exceed your defenses! Just try and stop me.

King Hans of the Southern Isles