Elsa's Strategy

The proud War Council of Arendelle gathered once again at the famous, small and secret room where few people were allowed to enter, it was already the seventeenth gathering of the war and everyone, already getting tired of this, really wished that it would be the very last gathering of all.

Elsa called Anna, Kristoff and Alice Snowflake to be part of this gathering, Alistair and Matthew were summoned as well and the Queen herself was the first to speak as soon as the heavy wooden doors were closed and locked that night...

"Arendelle has played a defensive role in this war so far, just halting the enemy forces and causing them as much damage as possible" the Queen said, spreading a map of the Kingdom on a large wooden table- "We are winning, our defenses have worked... but now things have changed, and it's time for us to take the offensive!"

Elsa pointed a thin wooden wand at the map of Arendelle, indicating to the others the path that the enemy forces were most likely to be following at those very moments:

The trails that crossed the Forest of Snowhall would have taken the Southerner forces to a place called Raven Valley, after which Hans would be forced to lead his army through a snowy field before reaching the point that would be crucial for Arendelle's new strategy of war...

"The Forest of Vardeen" Elsa added, everyone paying great attention to everything that she would say and explain to all of them- "I believe that our enemies will try to seek shelter there before advancing anymore, haunted by my snowstorm... However, once again our knowledge of the terrain shall prove disastrous for them!"

"What do you have in mind, your Majesty?" Matthew asked.

The War Council room was illuminated only by a few candles here and there, dark blue curtains were covering the windows and a huge portrait of King Agnarr remained hanging from the wall, painted wearing his great golden crown and holding the legendary royal sword in his hand...

It was the very same longsword which now hanged from Elsa's waist, and the Queen looked magnificent wearing the purple military uniform and her elegant green cloak.

"We shall wait for them at the highest lands of Vardeen, placing our forces at the hills of Northern Wind and Violet Star" Elsa explained, pointing with her wand at those places in the map- "We are taking seven divisions, twelve thousand men..."

Alistair and Matthew nodded their approval, ready to once again command their forces into battle, and it was then when Anna decided to give her opinion at last:

"Elsa, what if they are waiting for us?" Anna asked with her damaged voice, a little worried about just how wild and dangerous her sister's offensive strategy seemed to be- "What if they have even more Green Death?"

"Anna, our Royal Chemist has identified Green Death as elemental Chlorine" Elsa explained, now staring right into the eyes of her sister- "It becomes a liquid in a temperature as cold as we are having now, so please do not worry about it..."

"They could be waiting for us, anyway" Alice said, looking at Elsa just for a moment- "Your Majesty, perhaps we should choose a defensive strategy instead of attacking them!"

Alice Snowflake looked impressive wearing the Arendellan military uniform once again, displaying high spirits and quite recovered from the shell shock disease even though her hands remained a little shaky and restless.

She was ready to fight again, ready to claim vengeance for Arendelle and also for herself...

"Alice, they may be waiting for us to attack" Elsa accepted- "My point is that our soldiers are not going to be the first to charge into battle... I have appointed some special reinforcements of my own, and trust me... Hans is not expecting them at all!"

Anna and Alice looked equally curious to know what exactly would be the special reinforcements that their Queen was talking about, but they did not ask anything about it and Elsa continued to speak:

"So, my shock troops hit them first! I expect Hans and his men to be quite terrified at this point, and after that... we descend from the hills just like we did at Tannya, and we crush our enemy with a pincers attack!"

Alistair and Matthew showed signs of great excitement at the strategy, both of them eager to fight for Queen Elsa and witness the end of this war once and for all...

"Excellent strategy, your Majesty!" Alistair exclaimed, clasping his hands- "This looks like the end of the war, but please tell us... what are your special reinforcements precisely?"

"That is a surprise, Alistair!"

"What is my part in this?" Anna asked, knowing that her sister had already taken command of the Army and she would no longer be the highest commander- "What can I do, Elsa?"

"Anna, the Arendellan Guards have expressed their desire to advance and join the battle this time... and you are commanding them."

"Excellent!"

"Ladies, Gentlemen" Elsa continued, now raising proudly to her full personal height- "History shall remember all of this as the Battle of Vardeen... the end of the Arendellan War!"

All of them clapped and cheered with great enthusiasm, the snowstorm was howling like a monster outside and the War Council continued for some time after that, just so that the Queen and her Generals could agree on every little detail about the strategy.

The Forest of Vardeen would witness the last battle of the war, and the Southerner forces had no idea that they were just about to fall into a terrible trap...