Arendelle Attacks

The vast campsites all around White Castle were composed by hundreds of red and gray military tents, campfires here and there, horses transporting all kinds of ammunition and supplies and soldiers of the Southern Isles everywhere.

All of them were wearing their combat uniforms in various shades of gray and red, beer and fried rabbit were abundant and the men talked to each other in great spirits, just trying to clear their minds a little as they discussed the future plans of their invasion.

Most of them were very confident that their victory would be fast and easy, that Queen Elsa would do nothing and Arendelle would not offer great resistance after all...

Hans had promised the greatest fame and glory to every soldier in his armies, the morale was very high and that cold and windy morning of July a group of twenty soldiers, all of them friends, were grouped together around a large campfire.

"King Hans says that the war is already won" a young man said, enjoying some hot tea straight from the metallic mug in which it had been prepared- "What do you think?"

"Yeah, Arendellans are cowards!" an older soldier replied right beside him, and all of his friends laughed at those words as they prepared a simple breakfast of bread and rabbit by means of the campfire- "Cowards I tell you, all of them!"

Everything was peaceful, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary that day...

"I wonder why they have not showed up here yet..." the young one continued, and at that moment this particular soldier turned his head and looked at the distant hills around the valley- "Hey, everyone... What is that?"

The group stood up in a hurry, alarmed at those searing and powerful flashes of white light coming from the forest and the hills... They could not hear anything because the shells traveled faster than sound, and when they realized what was happening it was already too late:

"Watch out!"

The first shell came like a demon of death, it scored a direct hit against the campsite and the explosion shook the ground like a powerful earthquake. There was a great ball of fire and sparks, and the horses ran away in madness between the cries and screams of terrified men...

Seventy soldiers had been virtually vaporized by the very first hit, twice as many others had fallen in agony with arms and legs missing and then two more shells came from the Arendellan positions and caused even more devastation everywhere.

"Get out of here!" a General cried out in the middle of the fires, his voice almost drowned by the thunderous artillery explosions and the countless screams everywhere around him- "Go back to the coast! Go back! Go back!"

Then a piece of shrapnel came and blew his head up like a pumpkin, blood and body parts flying everywhere as far as you could see...

The burning men and mauled horses alike were trying to escape from the main campsite as fast as possible, and meanwhile at the forest, their comrades suddenly found themselves under a nightmare of artillery fire as well:

Explosions so hard that hundreds of soldiers were deafened instantly, trees blown apart like they were toothpicks, people torn to pieces by a storm of shrapnel, violent fires out of control and entire divisions running around in panic as they tried to escape...

The Arendellan guns stopped firing a few minutes after the first shell had hit the campsite, there were a few moments of precious calm and after that the hills began to shake once again as the Cavalry divisions charged to attack.