Northern Lights

Anna and Elsa ice skated together at Fountains Square for quite a long time, soon the cold evening transformed into night and the first snowfall of the season quickly transformed Arendelle Town into a wintry and most beautiful scene.

It was a fantastic experience for both sisters as they sat on the snow, they admired the fascinating Northern Lights as the wind whispered between the towers of their castle and after that, realizing that enough snow had gathered already, they played a snowballs fight and began to build a huge snowman together...

Elsa was careful not to infuse life into the snowman with her Magic, but it was great fun anyway and some time later, when the weather became really cold, they walked into the castle and ordered strawberry pie to have for dinner at the Library.

They read Anna's favorite stories by the soft light of the fireplace, and finally the sisters said good night to each other and decided that it was time to have some sleep.

Anna was feeling happy and peaceful as she closed her eyes, she fell asleep very fast and some time later she did not realize at all when the door of her bedroom was opened silently during the darkest and coldest part of that sweet November night...

The huge room was illuminated by the Northern Lights as Elsa closed the door in complete silence and advanced slowly towards Anna, the soft flames of the fireplace remained crackling and sparking and it was then when the Queen sat on the bed beside her sister.

"I love you, Anna" Elsa whispered, relieved to discover that her sister was enjoying a truly peaceful sleep- "I wish that all days would be just like today..."

The Queen looked at the sky through Anna's favorite window, she became fascinated at the unlimited beauty of the stars and the Northern Lights and after that, all of a sudden, a soft and sweet melody suddenly came into existence in her mind.

It was a perfect moment, just there, with Anna sleeping far better than she had slept for a very long time... a collection of words formed in Elsa's mind followed by phrases and strophes, and then the Queen looked at her sister and began to sing happily for her:

Sleep well, my sweet girl
I am here to watch your dreams
Please, never be afraid...

The Northern Lights shine just for you

Forget the war, she is very far
Everything has passed, my dear...
Please do not cry, war is not coming back

We are friends of the night, my sweet...

No need to run, or to hide in the dark
Threatened by each distant blast...

Sleep my love, I shall never leave you alone

It's not your fault, it was just a dark fate...

Anna seemed to be enjoying a happy dream as her sister sang for her in a low voice, the soft wind whispered outside and Queen Elsa, wishing that Anna would someday recover from the war, just looked up at the fascinating Northern Lights.

The End