The Queen in Arms

The shocked Elsa moved aside for Alistair to get inside of her personal room, the General was followed by two castle guards and a doctor, the strange chemical smell soon filled the entire place and Anna was taken to rest on the Queen's wide and blue bed.

It seemed that Anna was fighting to stay awake, she was clearly desperate to get some sleep after her incredible journey and the princess remained unable to believe that she was back home, but there was something that she had to do before letting herself fall asleep:

"Elsa, we have to rescue Kristoff and the others" Anna said, looking at her sister while Elsa sat down on that bed right beside her- "Please, they are in great danger!"

"Anna, what the hell happened?!"

Alistair removed Anna's green cloak, confused and alarmed at the pungent smell that still emanated from every part of her military outfit. The rather old doctor proceeded to evaluate Anna's vital signs and take a look at her eyes, perplexed at her condition, and Elsa was covering her mouth with her hands.

"They released poison gas with the wind, few of us escaped, we lost thousands of men and the Sammel Line has been crossed..."

"What?!" Alistair cried out, totally enraged at those words- "They are going to pay for that!"

Anna's words had sent a shockwave of disbelief and fury right into the heart of her sister, these were the worst possible news that Elsa could have ever imagined and she remained in awestruck silence for a few seconds, just trying to accept what had happened at the Front...

The Queen knew there was a possibility that the Southern Isles would have a secret weapon of their own, but despite the rumors about chemical weapons being developed and tested by a few Kingdoms, she had never expected that poison gas would be used in this war.

Elsa had heard really frightening things about this new style of warfare, and her hatred for Hans multiplied a hundred times as she witnessed Anna gasping for air and fearing for her life...

"Where did you leave Kristoff and the others?" Elsa asked, making an effort to act as casually as possible in the presence of Alistair and the other people in that room- "Anna, do you know how many enemy forces are advancing?"

"We set up a campsite at Snowhall Forest" Anna explained with her shattered voice, suddenly fighting to draw breath- "Please, send some Cavalry to rescue them!"

"What part of Snowhall forest?"

Anna then went into a fit of gasping and coughing so severe that the doctor was taken aback, Alistair was shaking in rage and the Guards stood in silence, but Elsa remained calm and she held her sister's hand between hers until the breathing crisis had passed...

"Not far from the lake where we used to go skating, close to the waterfall..."

Alistair was just about to offer himself as commander of a military rescue mission, but then Elsa turned her head to look at the Castle Guards and she spoke to them with an unbelievably cold and emotionless voice:

"It's time for Arendelle's Castle Guard to join the war effort! I want seven mounted squadrons departing for Snowhall Forest, find those survivors and bring them home as soon as you can... Now!"

The surprised Guards just bowed at the Queen in total silence, and after that they departed immediately to call the others and prepare the rescue mission all by themselves.

"Anna, you are going to recover, alright? You have to fight! Do not give up!" Elsa exclaimed, and at those moments her left hand came into contact with the cold face of her sister- "Carl, what type of poisoning is this? What happened to my sister?"

"I would say that her respiratory system has suffered extensive chemical burns, your Majesty" the doctor replied, clearly alarmed at Anna's condition- "I have... we have never seen this before, but we shall try any treatment within our knowledge!"

"Please, save my sister no matter what you have to do... Alistair, follow me!"

"Elsa" Anna called, raising a hand towards her sister- "You cannot command the counterattack! Please, just send the Generals! Stay with me!"

"I am the Queen of Arendelle, Anna!"

"You have no idea what you are getting into, war is nothing like we imagined it would be..."

Anna's desperate words caused shivers to Elsa, since she knew that her sister had done and seen things that most people would not even imagine... Anna just feared for her safety, but after all she was the Queen and it was time for her to take the arms and fight.

Elsa took a green cloak and her military uniform from a nearby wooden wardrobe, she grabbed her crown and the royal sword as well and after that, cold and proud, the Arendellan Queen departed from that room without speaking another word to Anna.

"Elsa, don't go to that hell..."

Two more doctors and a team of young nurses arrived to look after her, the door was closed and then Anna, thinking of Elsa and Kristoff, closed her eyes at last and quickly fell into a very deep and dangerous sleep...